Devlin Agamand not acting like vanilla... (i don't think anyway)

“World of Warcraft has millions of boars” - Eric Cartman

from what I can tell, from about 1-10 or so, the mobs aren’t that bad. but after, they mostly hit like a truck. Have had several deaths on the way to 15 as a mage. one mob at or above level is tough for the most part.

Can’t comment on accuracy but folks need to keep in mind the bulk of their memories will be pre 1.12 leveling.

I leveled a warlock when fear never broke, ran targets out of combat and their geofences, death coil never had a horrify, dots lasted 24+ seconds and barely did damage, etc

By the end of 1.12 I would regularly 1v2 and 1v3 people without breaking a sweat.

The meat and potatoes of your memories are probably going to be when many elements of the game were tuned against you while leveling.

There’s a LOT you won’t get to experience again pre 1.12 sadly.

4 Likes

Wow you are so wrong it’s ludicrous. They are using the legion client but they are also using a pure vanilla client and server from back then as a reference. Stop spreading this malarkey and nonsense. Mages have always had it easy when taking on multiple mobs. Stop using pservers as a basis of comparison.

I think all the people who were claiming the game was “so hard” are getting upset that people are burning through it. So they are making up stuff, blaming “retailers” (lol), and blaming blizzard as an excuse to get blizzard to beef it up. Everyone losing their minds that people are simply better than they were 15 years ago. It’s hilarious to watch actually. “This is not vanilla!” and “It MUST have been nerfed!!”. I actually predicted this would happen. lol

2 Likes
  1. They are using the 8.x client not 7.x
  2. Clients don’t do the math. Databases do the math. If clients did the math it would not be secure, highly hackable.
1 Like

Because it’s not math oriented.

What, you want proof it’s 8.x or that clients are hackable?

Feel free to go and visit the datamine websites. They ripped the client apart and it’s 8.x.

I also just replicated this test with a level one rogue on Private and Classic beta and was able to take down 3 Level 2-3 boars with a level 1 rogue with little problem on either server. I was about half heath on both servers.

Yer talking bilge water mate. Or you are really terrible at this game.

I really wish you guys would cut the crap about this “it’s nerfed” nonsense.

You are the one “calling it what you like”. You are incorrect. It’s BfA client.

Pets not autoattacking is binary, on/off. Pet weapon types, damage values, speeds, etc are all set values.

Not math.

It’s that Common Core Math. It has all the kids confused these days. I mean, they round pi down to 3. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I’ll just drop this here. (remove the spaces - one before and one after imgur)

https:// imgur .com/a/76fSukY

even after 6, non elite mobs were never hard unless you pulled a pack or 3 or more.

Blizzard did implement a health/mana regen aid a long long time ago. Is this mechanic just in and messing with the early levels of the game? I wanted to say it stopped at 10 though.

Once you learned what you were doing, it was absolutely possible to take two mobs on at once and survive.

Now with 14 years of additional WoW experience under my belt, I’m even less worried.

Nope. It never stopped. You could always regenerate health and mana while out of combat (and in combat based on spirit/mana per 5 seconds/health per 5 seconds).

Easy, it’s an assuption that it’s “Legion” multipliers.

Could be BfA multipliers, or WoD multipliers.

Out dated. Look at the time frame for that. The change to 8.x happened closer to the aphla/beta release.

Stay on topic. You went from talking about 1-6 lvling to AV. Using completley different data to try and win an argument.

You got an answer. You don’t care about the answer. You just care about not being wrong in your mind. Just stop.