Developing an addon to black list people

You think it will work?

10 Likes

It would take a miracle.

9 Likes

Limiting tools for players to not be able to gate people out of content. Item level should be enough most of the time. (bfa kinda ruined that.) so hiding achievements, and stuff and not letting people weaponize it in group building would go a long way.

but lets be real here. the op is just saying this to throw a hissy fit because he is not getting his way. Like well if Blizzard not doing what I want. I’m going to make something that will make everyone else unhappy or blah blah. It is just silly.

7 Likes

But what’s wrong with building up your io score and gear like everyone else?

People will just “weaponize” the inspect tool instead.

3 Likes

Don’t worry guys, if armory is private or people block their info that will also result in a blacklist. People worth their salt won’t hide!

5 Likes

Because many don’t want to do it? and should not have to do it.

Item level is enough, how about you just learn to teach and help people do harder content?

2 Likes

As a green orc once said.

EVERYTHING!

It just so happens that your friend here is only mostly dead…

3 Likes

If you don’t want to put in the effort to do the content, why should you get invited?

Ilvl is the most meaningless number in the game.

3 Likes

No, that’s the entitlement attitude. If people want to learn a fight go learn it… form a group, figure things out. This whole “teach us” mentality is just people saying “oops I messed up hehe, hope the boss dies so I can get carried”

3 Likes

I want them to make it so that everyone is private and you got no choice on that.

In other mmos, players don’t gate keep nearly as much as Wow does.

Take the time to welcome people in harder content, and help them out. Even if it takes slower. If you are not willing to do that, you are part of the problem with the community that Blizzard needs to make it harder for you.

4 Likes

There are ways around all of this and your dream will never happen due to achievements :smiley:

You are a mean person.

1 Like

Entitlement? Wanting wow to be a better mmo? Get real here, wow is not the top dog anymore. A few better mmos out now that has a much better community, that does not gate keep at this level or have this mindset.

1 Like

That’s the reason you put the effort in and build your io score up. To adjust yourself to the content and the difficulty of it. To learn about the fights and the affixes.

1 Like

They’re not issues. People just like to point the finger at IO cause it’s an easy way to offload responsibility :stuck_out_tongue: How dare I not invite them to my 17 FH when their best run is an over-time 5!

Real talk though, I’m firmly on the side of wishing we could change covenants the way we change talents, but I don’t think it’ll wind up being nearly as much of a problem as people think. Sure, we’ll see the odd +7 dungeon where the leader will only accept Venthyr cause all the guys in the MDI did that, but we’ll just laugh it off the same way we do at groups who will only accept BrM and Rdruids for their +7 today.

4 Likes

People would have a choice, they’d only run with friends or guildies and you’d never get into pugs.

Ilvl is absolutely meaningless at this stage of the game. Your Io score doesn’t even matter until like 10. Some people want scores before that but you can simply run your own key and invite whoever you want.

You can’t force zero experienced players on a group just because they feel entitled. I’m not a heart surgeon, but I think it’s a little unfair they won’t let me poke around in there a bit until I get better.

I love taking people into harder content that they’re not ready for, but it has to be my choice and at a time I don’t mind burning my key.

2 Likes

Again, you should not need another grind just to do more grinding all because the community controls you. That is silly.

What happens is that it is weaponize to the point where only a select people who have this achievement or whatever does so and so. Making yet another wall people got to go through.

Nah fam, that is not cutting it. Like I said before, I do end game stuff on other mmos, and wow it is a badge of honor that my achievements are bare from end game content. I don’t support this community at all.

Nah, other mmos prove that is not the case at all.

This addon you’re fantasizing about wouldn’t be a thing, at least not for long. I don’t think it would ever be popular anyway. I’m 100% positive IO will have Covenant functionality so you can look. Auto-blacklisting people would get Blizz’s hackles up quick, I’m sure.

1 Like