Devastation in 10.0.7 and Beyond

Nope but we aren’t talking about adding cast time to cyclone, fear, or sheep. I just mentioned the new PvP Talent for Sheep for Mage will no longer healer the target, will give the mage 6% Vers (6% dmg essentially), and give them increased movement speed. I see 3 benefits for the PvP Talent with no Drawbacks

Take this Sleep Walk PvP Talent and you add 1 small benefit (I can now cast a 3 second sleep walk after and 1.5 after that) for the cost of .5 second extra casting time, per cast.

The disparity in strength between the 2 talents is quite evident.

3 benefits with no drawbacks > 1 small benefit with 1 drawback

that’s a lot of words to miss my point

Then lets be nice and concise for you and add substance (Unlike your reply)

A hex cooldown doesn’t break elemental shaman, which vastly outperforms us in Arena

unfortunately i do not personally believe you have a certification in distinguishing disparate concepts. have a good night comparing and contrasting the number 1 from the letter L

Im glad someone is motivated to post how much help we need because lord knows i dont have the strength anymore

This class is dumb (I can’t wear a top hat or glasses).

1 Like

Hahahha I hear you there, my motivation is waning! My fun in arenas is too. Before 10.0.7 I was having a really good time on Dev Evoker because we had a few melee matchups we could beat regularly. Wizards are still hard because they triangle spread out with more range than us, and most the melee comps are rets which just outright counter us now

Been preaching that for awhile now, take over for me while i reroll to boomy lol.

1 Like

Lol will do my best for as long as i can :sweat_smile:

something i hate about dev is how punishing rando micro cc is on disintegrate. literally half your resource to start channeling, and it gets stopped by accident constantly

1 Like

Yeah I’ve played devoker at a decently high level and I think you’re biased and targeting the wrong things

Just make a pvp talent that increases all range by an additional 5 yards and rework disintegrate so it consumes essence over time

The execute you mentioned is the most laughable thing I’ve seen in a while

Also all of your points increase their dmg lmfao

This talent was patched back to 20% in pvp after a week. That said, the flag spellweaver’s applies is :
Apply Aura (6) | Add Percent Modifier (108): Spell Critical Damage (15)

So pretty sure you go from 175 to 195%.

1 Like

Appreciate you doing the math on that, interesting to know. Nonetheless, this crit nerf definitely hits us hard, as our win conditions are largely based of 100-0’s from large crits

Yeah that’s a 15 bucks per month that really deserves to participate in pvp

1 Like

Good points. I hate how much of their damage is tied to burst and RNG stars on Disintegrate.

I do not want them to get an execute, but I’d like their instant (Azure Strike?) to be buffed.

Also a cool mastery would be to buff their damage the closer they are to a target, and increase their range. So if you’re within 10 yards you do maximum damage, but you can kite farther out as needed. This would sort of fill the melee dps dragon niche many people wanted.

2 Likes

I really like this idea maybe at 25 yard range and closer you do more damage, but have access to your spells at reduced value from 25-40 yards. Wouldn’t be too hard to implement either because most of us are built mastery for a damage increase

I swear the whole concept behind higher/lower closer/farther does only one thing. It forces you into that situation where you can only get full value under certain conditions which as a whole means that maximizing a certain mechanic may actually impede your ability to act optimally.

Example: rogue backstab used to only be usable from behind. Playets felt it unreasonable to always be there at all times.

For devastation, it is unreasonable to be restricted to 25 when every caster has access to 40.

It is bad game design when you cannot get full value from something because conditions ( out of your control i might add ) aren’t being met.

Preservation too, but their kit is so busted it doesnt really matter.

Sorry ranting, been here a long time lol.

When I discovered that holy pally mastery did more healing based on proximity i was actually shocked because in arena it doesn’t make sense. What if you need to max range the fight because you have no outs if you get cced. Youve taken up a good position but are punished for it in your out put. A terrible experience from a player perspective.

1 Like

What Devastation really needs is a mastery rework and a talent tree overhaul. There are too many modifiers and not enough thoughtful mechanics, which makes the burst silly and almost everything else about the spec comparatively weak.

3 Likes

Backstab had that restriction because it used to hit really hard. And when Rogues couldn’t be behind their target, they had alternatives in Sinister Strike and Hemorrhage. Sure, they did way less damage, but that was the point.

Hemorrhage was pruned in MoP i believe, while Backstabs was tweaked over the years until it had ironically morphed into a very similar ability to the previously low-powered, spammable Hemorrhage.
Backstab even used to increase Bleed damage in WoD, which was Hemorrhage previous job.

In the end, Rogues didn’t really get to be able to Backstab people from the front. They lost the ability alltogether and got a renamed Hemorrhage instead. And perhaps for the better.

1 Like