Dethrone Inactive GM isn't a WOW classic feature. Help!

Hello, I’d like to dethrone an inactive GM we have in my guild who is offline over three months already. I’ve sent tickets and Blizzard Game Masters are TOTALLY ignoring the issue doing copy paste for this fix with a Battle for Azeroth solution.

There’s no way I can contact Blizzard by call or email or even live chat. They respond tickets in a few DAYS (best case scenario) and they do nothing to resolve the problem.

I’ll repeat once more: THERE’S NO dethrone feature on WOW classic version of this game. Is there any other hidden solution to resolve this problem? I can’t just create another guild since we have people returning to the game after a few weeks off. The guild would break apart.

2 Likes

id there isnt a dethrone feature and gms wont help make a new guild and leave a guild note to let people know about it and doesn’t your guild have a discord?

3 Likes

Blizzard would probably tell you to do the common sense thing which is to /gquit and reform with the active members and notify the ones on break on discord instead.

6 Likes

Guilds in Classic serve no purpose other than a shared chat and a name over your head. Leave and make a new one, it should be pretty easy if you have people active in your guild who want to play together.

2 Likes

I assume Blizzard policy is to NOT getting involved with ANY guild issues. Otherwise Blizzard would be swamped by tens of thousands of requests along the lines of “this was unfair – make him change it!”

And of course Blizzard would have to investigate – they can’t just trust that YOU are telling the truth. Some players lie. Maybe you are angry with the guild leader and want to kick him, so you made up this “offline” story. Investigating takes a lot of time.

Why can’t you create another guild, but post information in the old guild’s info section explaining about the new guild? Then any people returning (after weeks off) would see the info. That’s what my guild did. It worked fine.

Yep, this is less of an issue in classic as there aren’t guild banks that might get left behind.

Why would the game master mention there’s indeed a feature to dethrone a Guild Master?

Unfortunately, you just have to keep making tickets until you get a gm who actually reads. click “no, this didnt solve my issue” and ask to escalate it.

Blizzard actually says to contact them directly for classic dethrones in this support article: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/000050006

WORLD OF WARCRAFT CLASSIC
The Dethrone feature is not available in World of Warcraft Classic. If you meet the proper requirements to Dethrone a Guild Master, contact us for assistance.

2 Likes

I mean… that is a 3 second investigation. The in-game guild info tab, which the GMs have access to, shows how long a player has been offline.

I did this very thing years ago in Wrath. Guild Leader quit and was offline 3 months. Took 3 tickets over 4 weeks but finally found a GM with a reading compression higher than a 5 year old. Transfered leadership to me, and we went on with our happy lives.

Guilds in classic serve far more of a purpose than they do in retail if we are being honest

There’s no Guild Bank feature either. Just make another guild.

Not if their GM has been inactive for 3 months.

1 Like

Oh well duh. But pretty sure he was talking in general when guilds provide communities to play with vs retail and just LFG/cross realming everything

Yeah, apart from mythic raiding for the majority of the tier. Something I wish was cross realm, funny enough.

think mythic becomes cross realm after 100 guilds from both factions clear the tier could be wrong

It’s probably because guild banks don’t exist yet etc. Really, at this point you aren’t losing a lot by reforming other than your name. I get where you’re coming from. I reformed my Vanilla guild in WotLK under the same name. That’s probably why they have that reasoning though.

probably the same reason why a game master was telling someone you needed to keep the rank in order to wear the pvp gear, even while the guy was still wearing the chest piece of the rank he was previously. They’re not always reliable.

Yeah, that’s why I mentioned most of tier. IMO everything else is cross realm anyway, might as well make guild’s cross realm to save dying realms. It’s either that or have everyone continue to pay to transfer to the realm with the most populated base for your faction. It’s terrible.

think its done that way to make guilds more relevant otherwise we could just have cross server guilds made by players

Yeah, that’s my idea. It’s not that guilds aren’t relevant, it’s that realm identity is already not a thing in retail. It’s an odd restriction to still hold onto there.

Seriously, trying to progress on a dead faction is largely why I chose to stick it out in Classic on a full server. The alternative is death.

Purpose maybe but functionality no.