Destro tree a mess!

Destro talent tree is designed plain bad!! For single target Raid build do I have to spec into Soulfire? Am I the only one who thinks Soulfire is useless but were forced to take it? What about Channel Demonfire, another useless skill! And why is the talent tree desinged where i have to spec 1 point into useless two point talents just to get optimal talent build. The lead designer on Destro needs to rethink and redo the current talent tree period!

5 Likes

There is a better spec than the soulfire spec. Its what all the destro locks are using in high end raid.

BsQA041aTpyHyczNbmCyk1bsJgcASSkIBSTJCSLJJkWgDkokkIAtSRSAAAAAAAAAAAAkkQJJA

Im doing 60k dps at 398 ilvl on true patchwork fights.

2 Likes

This is the correct build. Its true that the destro tree is messy though. Pretty telling that the meta build for destro ST is to put 3 full talent points into the shadowburn talents and then never cast shadowburn.

Some people seem to be having success taking 3 points channel demonfire instead of pandemonium + backlash + 1 point ruin if you like casting that but i’d imagine that the damage is pretty close.

If you’re running this on pure patchwerk, you’d swap Pandamonium for Cry Havoc and just use it single target for a very minor dps boost.

1 Like

I really like CDF, is it not worth taking atm? I haven’t played my Warlock much yet this expansion, started late and getting to 10 reknown on this guy. Most of the tree looks like stuff Destro has had for a long time except some of the capstones, and of those is the legion artifact spell.

there’s 2 more popular versions of a ST build with CDF. It can be ran, it just means you really need to ensure you setup the channels correctly and you cannot afford to be interrupted with movement and such during a channel.

1 Like

You’re not casting Shadowburn on the move? It’s free big damage.

1 Like

Before this patch, if you run that build in pure single target, you really don’t cast it at all, even on the move. Now that it extends Erad and gives a BtA stack, there might be justification for it but I haven’t seen enough data to support it.

Free generally doesnt mean the loss of a soul shard. Definitely cast it when on the move and overcapping though yeah.

1 Like
  1. Shadowburn
  2. Soulfire
  3. Channel Demonfire

Literally three useless abilities

The developers should find a purpose for single target rotation for at least one of the above listed abilities, but as it stands above abilities are useless in our single target rotation. And were forced to take it! It is literally just bad design.

3 Likes

Im kind of OK with Soulfire and CDF being out of the rotation considering how they complicate the rotation and exacerbate our mobility issues without really doing anything for our damage profile. I would prefer it if they changed them both to actually do good burst damage rather than just coast on having “applies immolate to the target” tacked on to the end of the tooltip but having them out of the way is good enough.

CDF has a use single target. Big reason some people are skipping it is because with heavy movement, it drops off hard. They need to finally let us use CDF while moving.

Never really used shadowburn. Whats the rotation look like with it?

You don’t really use it. You only take it for the Conflagaration of Chaos. Some might use it to snipe a spider or something, but I don’t think it’s even worth the shard to do that unless you’re desperate on the move.

So why do we Destro users have to spec into an ability we dont even use. The devs are tweaking the Ret Paladin talent tree, they need to look at the Destro talent tree next.

1 Like

They need to allocate more of the 10’s of millions of dollars they collect from us every month to balance more classes simultaneously. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Simple answer is tuning.

If it did a suitable amount of damage to merit being pressed, people would press it.

1 Like