Destro PvP nerf 9.2.5

• Destruction
    • Ritual of Ruin (2-piece bonus) now lasts 30 seconds (was unlimited).
    • Summoning a Blasphemy (4-piece bonus) no longer stuns enemies in PvP.

This is pretty significant……

the removal of the stun is a good thing, for the 30 seconds on ritual of ruin, i can’t say much

This is coupled with the removal of demon armor and locks got a hard nerf bat

1 Like

There ever been a Xpac where Locks rode whole way without being shut down with hard nerfs?

I don’t EVER recall Rogues/Mages ever getting such brutal nerfs, yet every season they remain top 3 best classes to play.

This is brutal for locks as a whole, not to mention the only trinket that made lock not suck “Resolve” just gonna kill the class further because Necro Mages was Too Gud.

Imagine playing into a War/DH/Sham team, 3 kicks on 1 lock. Where is the counter play when we are always being the ones to get kicked.

We need some Lock Devs who actually play the class already.

6 Likes

4pc infernal should have never stunned in the first place. The demon armor nerf is questionable tho idk why theyd target that when dark pact was the issue

1 Like

Ive been saying this for years. All i got was flamed for it. These biased, class hating jackholes will let Rogues, Warriors and Mages run amuck for 2 expansions in a row with piles of players saying those classes were out of control, and they do NOTHING. Hell, during the 3v3 tournament, 4 of the 6 players in one particular match were ALL PALADINS. 4 of 6 in one 3v3 arena match. Did Blizzard nerf the crap out of paladins? Pffft hell no.

BUT, you let Warlocks be good for a patch or two and let one damn person cry about it and they nerf us and keep nerfing us. They nerfed affliction, now it is the suck, but did they buff it back? Pffft hell no. Affliction did get even looked at. But looky here WW got literally stupid buffs to the tune of 30 and 40 percent. Who here thought WW was that bad? No one!

To anyone trying to say, “they arent biased. Why would they gimp classes in their own game? They have no investment in singling out classes like that.”

Yeah, really? These the same guys doing cubicle crawling? Hmmm? Same guys under investigation? Hmmmm? Same guys that knew that evil crap was going on and said nothing? Hmmm?

Nah, they arent capable of giving into biases and showing favoritism to their classes or family friends that play those classes…nooo.

4 Likes

I rather have warriors or rogues being OP than warlocks.

Not much counterplay in a BG with 3 warlocks sitting in a back line that never die and do really high damage.

That’s why BGs now HAVE to run MULTIPLE warlocks. Class is completely broken.

Stop whining.

Did you just say counter play against Rogues?! Bro, i cant take you seriously. I just cant. 10 plus threads on the first page of arenas forums about nerfing Rouges…right now, and you come at me with that.

Pffffft Hahahahahahahahahaha.

No wait…AAAAAAHHHHHHAHAHAHA!

1 Like

Bro bro bro BRO.

Yea rogues have counterplay. That’s why you can’t get away with 3-4 of them in a BG unlike warlocks lmao

…AAAAAAHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

My stomach… omg.

1 Like

That’s all you got. Nice

They need to revert this back. trying to juggle this with everything else while being melee mongo’ed would be a nightmare.

4 Likes

this^
blizz will be forced into reverting something,locks are primary targets to begin with for all the silences,stuns,interupts etc…not than im pissin n moaning about that,its all part of the game and if i get juked…then good on them…however everyone and their melee brother has many stuns,interrupts,silences and casters just cannot play when out of 10 casts of anything…6 are interrupted…

im afraid we’ll have to wait minimum a month though as a prediction before we get something back,nerfed,but back…

2 Likes

Well…let’s see…Everyone’s health will go up which makes our damage output go down 30k chaos bolts will take 3 to kill someone and that’s to assume no spell shields of any kind. Resolve will be nerfed and now we will get interrupted to death. Casting chaos bolts will be much harder to do in this scenario. I think all 4p set bonuses should be removed from pvp and if not, then they should not nerf ours to the ground. They have made the puzzle of tuning your character so crazy between your spec trees, conduits, and Legendary’s that one mistake can ruin your game play. We have to build up our damage bursts, they don’t just happen. I tried telling blizz in earlier threads…our damage isn’t our problem our crit and haste are. CDs and casting time are our biggest problems and most of us run with 5% crit in pvp . Nerfing our main spells is bad, they should counter with a significant increase to crit and haste.

2 Likes

not even a counter, just straight removal of the stun?

• should’ve been enemys in the area of the target get stuck in place for 2 seconds.
    tbh, i can still combo stunfear someone for over 10secs. so theres that.

Ritual of Ruin lasting 30 secs, this is gonna have to be time managed with shadowburn as it’s the only spell that generates and doesn’t activate the RoR Procs.

1 Like

Oh no, destro might have to try slightly harder to 1 shot

You say that, but I don’t see nerfs to priests, rogues or fire mages. The way PvP is right now destro locks are the problem?

thats a very interesting and accurate observation. Never really noticed how significant our nerfs are compared to other classes until now.

patch notes released. Now it looks like they nerfed 4 piece in pve as well. The stun effect was listed for pvp only, now it is just general.