Destro lock

(I have a sudden urge to play my lock)
Is destro viable in arena to 1800/2k as an average player?
Does destro see much use in rbgs (apart from running the group)?

What class/classes should I be doing arena with?

i know that currently warlock with bm hunter currently run 2v2s till 2400.

Say what? Lol

1 Like

Destro is good in all pvp content.

not really good right now, kinda mid tier, but destro is getting a MAJOR (yes, with caps) armor buff, so I think it’s going to be pretty strong next patch.

MAJOR = Currently in PTR their Demon Armor is up from 90% to 220%

I’m not looking for glad, I just wanna have fun, blow people up, get invited to do stuff and grab a couple titles.

Is that destro as well? I knew Aff was at 220

I read destro was like 180 or something

Yes, and it’s way more fun than Aff. Why Rot people when you can simply blow their head off with big dam bolts

Ehh you’re making me think now, I know one is at 160% and the other at 220%, i’m pretty sure destro is the one at 220% but i could be wrong.

So start gearing our locks now? Lol

Definitely, wouldn’t be surprised if shadowplay is an S tier comp next patch.

You should be good with destro. It’s a solid spec in a good spot. Depending on how other classes get changed it could be s tier in a patch tbh. The damage is there. The cc is there. The mobility is there. You have utility. You have amazing peels. It’s a solid kit imo.

No one has suggested classes to play with yet. If I had to guess, rogue/WW… maybe Ret?

Any of the good dps specs work. Mage, boomkin, ww, war, fdk, feral,ret they all work well. Destro/boomkin can be very nasty in 2s since you can easily create an opening for an uninterrupted convoke as destro.

I already know the secret 9.0.5 comp… I can’t believe I’m letting this insane theorycrafting go public for free but I’m gonna Q Destro Boomy MW. Double coil convoke MW sweeps the trinkets literally 200 IQ

1 Like

Is feral that strong right now?

lol the secret is out. But yeah this is what I was referencing with destro/boomy. It’s a nasty combo.

I really dont think the armor buff is going to fix warlocks.

The issue I ran into, and I think the biggest issue with locks atm is that there are so many stops in the game you either.

1. just get kickstunincapcc’d into oblivion

OR

1. when you do get casts off, 90% of the time its because they let you and dont care cause they are ready for it.

There are lots of times in 3’s when we are like whatever, let the chaos bolt go its fine.

So you’re advising against Warlock?