Destro feels so bad

Getting crit for 100ks in pvp by melee, while my long casts crit for 40-50ks with gear, soul fire critting for 90k, if you manage to get it off and have it crit with conflag buff…

This feels like garbage man, I mean even with follow up instant casts like conflag/sburn none of the damage feels substantial. Truly, destro is the bastard class so far in this expac.

Too tied down in pve because of havoc, so you base capping out a classes max damage because it can cleave 2 targets well, and then on most fights its a single target fight, so we do absolute garbage damage. Total oversight by the devs, carelessness.

I mean tell me what you want, tell me somehow in your drunken, drugfueled, head injury mind that destro is just fine lmao.

8 Likes

Nah, you are right, it’s in a really bad spot. Looks like there are some buffs on PTR tho, so might be getting some love soon. Hopefully it makes us more viable in both raid and m+. Demo not that fun.

1 Like

Idk I was in a shuffle today and the destro was running absolute train. He was machine gunning 100k chaos bolts.

2 Likes

It’s absolute garbage. Multiple times have been told its not the spec im just garbage. Play demo they say… no thanks.

2 Likes

Shhhhhhhhhh :shushing_face:

That magic moment where you can actually cast and get soul conduit procs lmao. Yeah it feels good like 1/5 games

1 Like

The funny thing is, in that 2.5s cast on CB means nothing when you factor in youre still getting smashed for equal if not more by instant cast melee abilities that have no counter and cannot be avoided due to long melee range

3 Likes

Idk how he was doing it but they were like 0.3 second casts and hitting like a truck. Maybe you gotta look into the tech more.

If you actually can cast and get ignored it can hit hard, but in practice it feels terrible when every game is 1 melee blowing your face off while also using everything in their kit to interrupt chaos bolt, ccs/stuns/actual interrupts. Feels like moving through molasses to do any damage while the melee is doing their taxes and delivering a baby while hitting 3 buttons randomly on their keyboard.

And another thing too, people are mentioning that there are some high rated destros, ok so there’s 50 destros compared to multiple 1000 melee classes occupying the top ranks lmfao

6 Likes

Nah, I really don’t, it’s a Talent called Madness of the Azj’Aqir, which makes successful recasts of CB reduce its Cast Time by 20%. Coupled with RoR which requires 10 shards spent to reduce it further by 50%. Even so, you need the pre-reqs to land them, because no one is dumb enough to let you cast 2 CBs back to back in PvP let alone magically cast 10 shard spending abilities unless you’re waiting 130 seconds each match to cast Shadow Burn for the setup.

So no. No tech is needed for understanding, it’s still garbage and required 5x more setup than any melee train out there. My Monk can train on Casters all day with full movement and dish out 80-90k crits with 3/4 of the gear my Lock currently has with no setup and 1/10 of the GCDs required.

5 Likes

get used to it, blizzard never gets the lock right, and when it finally does feel good , if its even a .0000000000001% better over something else it will nerfed to the ground, track record pretty much gives me no hope

I always find it interesting how wildly different peoples class experiences are. As someone who is levelling a Warlock (I know this isn’t a portrayal of the max level experience) I find them REALLY fun and overpowered. To the point I’m almost one hitting elite mobs in levelling dungeons.

I imagine the experience changes as it’s a scaling thing but from what I’ve seen in DPS charts and the ones i face in Arenas, they’re formidable.

World questing doesn’t translate to m+ or raid damage. Pretty much all specs are roflcopter op in open world and normal dungeon damage.

4 Likes

idk man, I tried to do this purple world quest the other day involving some big dragon and I couldn’t solo it
gg game2hard buff warlock

1 Like

lol…

CN affy was so strong but Shadow’s Embrace felt so awful back then. It had some great highs but the lows were in a crevice below sea level.

#buffdestro

I loved CN affy <333333333