Derek cinematic

Probably going back to “The Horde is family” again. Apart from the sick ones, it seems. Either that, or he has a surprise for Anduin when he’s allowed to talk to him again.

Alternatively, there could be minor Bloodhoofs (Bloodhooves?) scattered around Mulgore. Like how there are quite a few Whisperwinds who aren’t Tyrande’s immediate family.

1 Like

To people complaining why Baine’s imprisonment didnt get a cinematic, I assume it is because this particular scene is SHARED by both Horde and Alliance. Hell, it portrayed Baine in a fairly good light. Jaina wasnt shown in a totally good light either. Hell, I almost thought she would finally let her anger get the best of her.

1 Like

Nope, looks like Alliance only to me.

15 Likes

Oh goody, something new for the shame tally.

Meanwhile …

:musical_note: LA LA LA LA LA :musical_note:

(casts line)

Oh, look! It’s a loach!

10 Likes

Could you elaborate on this? I don’t see how this makes her even the slightest shade of bad, considering Baine introduces her to her zombie brother.

15 Likes

Where the heck are the other Bloodhooves anywho? They were an entire tribe after all. I guess they don’t all need the last names of Bloodhoof, but I don’t really recall anyone ever claiming to be a member since WCIII.

2 Likes

Probably the inhabitants of Bloodhoof Village are members of the extended tribe.

2 Likes

Baine will never realise that the sickness within the Horde are Alliance sycophants like him and Saurfang.

22 Likes

Nope. The sickness is people like Sylvanas who are antithetical to the Horde values. Sure, i’m not a fan of Baine, but what he said wasn’t wrong. Sylvanas is destroying everything the Horde stands for, and Blizzard is at least acknowledging it.

25 Likes

I figured it was because, for Baine’s imprisonment scene, they would need to create a cinematic quality model for all the Horde leaders standing around watching. But I don’t know how that works or how difficult these things are to make.

3 Likes

Blizzard ain’t just acknowledging it they’re trying to make sure that there’s no possible way to think otherwise.

15 Likes

Being a traitor also goes against the values ​​of the Horde.

26 Likes

Of course they acknowledge it, they are responsible for Sylvanas’s current story arc.

11 Likes

That was retconned out. The Alliance is a family now per Blizz.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/is-the-alliance-a-family

16 Likes

Do you mean shared by A/H characters? Then yeah. But the Alliance players do see Baine’s arrest cinematic through one of those magic spyglasses that let’s us hear everything that’s happening from a great distance.

4 Likes

Decent enough, or as decent as it could be with the writing. I did like Jaina’s lines, they definitely showed her close to losing it. “Is he the bomb this time?!” for sure shows that she hasn’t gotten over Theramore, and probably never will.

Baine’s actions don’t make much sense to be coming up now, Derek is quite the small breaking point next to prior stuff. But again they seem to be trying to sweep that under the rug as much as possible, and ignoring the Burning completely. But if you remove that context it puts him in a more reasonable light. Which… is bad, since the Burning was what started the whole war in the first place, but that’s clearly how they’re writing it.

Great voice acting all around, but that’s par for the course.

5 Likes

Perhaps it’s less the straw breaking his back, and more breaking Sylvanas’?

While the Forsaken have few morals, the idea of freedom for undead is one Blizzard has brought up before as a quarterstone of Forsaken culture. And now Sylvanas was trying to take away Derek’s out in the open, before the other Horde leaders.

If Sylvanas was really going to break one of the few moral codes the Forsaken had, then she’s clearly willing and able to do anything. Baine’s realising that anything Sylvanas says, can be cast aside for the sake of winning.

To put it simply, for Baine, Derek’s fate proved nothing Sylvanas says she believes in can be taken at face value. She claims she’s fighting for the Horde’s future today, but tomorrow? She’s already thrown out a quarterstone of culture of her own people, she’ll throw anything aside.

To Baine, Sylvanas’ just proven to be a leader that cannot be relied upon.

17 Likes

The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic.

From my point of view Sylvanas is the traitor.

16 Likes

Good cinematic, I liked it. Baine’s utter misery does capture the Horde experience in BfA pretty well.

37 Likes