Demonology problem listing

And even if conduits are to go away, I highly doubt that it is worth 2 SS/imps. I’d rather have Fel Lord. Even though they are both similar abilities.

Agreed.

It has a use. On ONE content (if it does what I think it does). It’s not useful on anything else especially when DeCon is so prevalent right now.

Health Funnel channeling is cringe and you know it.

TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUE.

Only if you have to stand still to do it.

Burning Rush should work like Spirit of the Cheetah but removes threat upon casting.

Doom: Why do you guys want to have Doom baseline? that spell is literally a delayed Shadow bolt who hits a little harder, hell, it don’t even offer the regular advantages other dots have of strong spread-cleave because its not GCD efficient, i honestly hate to play that spell.

You can say it was good in legion, yes, but in legion you had multiple synergistic modifiers in the form of Talents, Legendaries and Artifact Traits empowering it too relevance and MoP to WOD it was relevant due to existing in a lower resource flow profile [You didn’t want to generate and spend your resources every few seconds but in actually relatively long generation cycles] with multiple ticks for GCD efficiency.

Soulstrike : Outside of movement situations, current SoulStrike is undertuned compared to FTS who have AoE potential and now decent single target and VF who have huge ST due to DeCon, only hope SoulStrike currently have is if Nether Portal was relevant or you need some super high movement encounter.

1 Like

Well first off, nice mog.

Agreed, the only time I felt doom was actually enjoyable in gameplay was when it was paired with Cataclsym demo. Though legions hand of doom synergy was nice.

But in the end, the spell needs either a heavy rework or removed entirely.

Tbh SS, outside of pvp, hasn’t seen play since what, pre nerf explosives in M+, it should have either been made a pvp talent, baseline with the talent replaced, or given some sort of mechanic which allows it to have a strong niche, such as more shards generated based on enemy health remaining.

What do you guys propose Doom should do then?

I am genuinely curious because I also agree that Doom in its current state is really boring.

As for Soul Strike… It’s just not a good ability to compete against FTS and VF.

1 Like

Either be completely reworked in a way that doesn’t inconvenience the spec, such as the talent doom being replaced by something such as hand of doom / going back to being a minute duration with tick intervals.

Or, the probably preferred way of just removing and replacing the talent with something that actually synergizes with the spec.

Yeah, it was so good for explosive weeks, but not really anymore. That was its only Pve niche really.

Not sure what they should do with it if I’m honest, got some ideas but like, they are just spit balls.

Let’s start with Soul Strike, because that is the easiest answer.

Soul Strike is 100% a good ability to compete against FTS and VF, Soul Strike was the go to talent for half of BFA, it’s current situation exists because of buffs done to FTS and the benefit VF brings to DeCon and not because its a bad talent. [funny thing, during BFA, FTS was the joke talent]

Like i said, some form of buff on Soul Strike would be enough to make it more relevant even under DeCon, but i think would be better to be carefull and NOT buff it too much to the point it becomes a better pick than VF for DeCon based builds.

Doom: Personal Feeling? Removed and replaced.

But i am aware that there are still some people who enjoy Doom, so reworking it would be an option, i would say rework it make it do what people think it does [scale shard generation with number of targets]

Would think 20s duration, tick once every 10s, generates a soulshard on tick, make it hit for less to account that it would need to be weaker on single target than Demonic Calling/Power Siphon to account that it now scales with number of targets.

If that is still too strong 30s duration, tick once every 15s, generates a Soulshard on tick or 40s Duration, tick once every 20s are also options, but i would avoid making it last too long as that reduces its uses in dungeons.

Also: Thanks for the compliment on the transmog, its still a work in progress, need to unlock the new venthyr transmogs still.

I’ll rephrase my statement: Soul Strike at this current state is not a good ability to compete against FTS and BF.

I looked at the change logs and backed at Azerite Traits. I’m not sure if there are abilities that necessarily synergize with SS other than a lot of boost of intellects, corruptions, essence, etc. This was also the time when DeCon consume imps rather than demons’ health, buffing VF in the process. At the same time, FTS also (and probably) did not affect Tyrant damage as implied with the most recent change: buffing FTS in the process.

The changes SS got is the dammie adjustments. If it can be used with Demonic Strength (Which I doubt it), then maybe it’s a considerable talent?

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a decent alternative to generate Soul Shards. It just doesn’t scale well as other two does especially after the buffs.

Remove Doom!? THAT’S MADNESS!

But honestly, I don’t blame you. Time has not been kind to this ability. It went from a massive nuke after 60 seconds that has a chance to summon a demon, to an Imp Generating DoT and now it’s a delayed Shadow Bolt that you pretty much described… even though it does 3 to 4 times as much (Still bad).

I really don’t blame for proposing to remove Doom. But I think Doom is perhaps one of signature DoTs for Demonology. I kind of miss it, honestly.

It’s an interesting form of rot. I’ve been thinking about what this ability could do in terms of reworking… Like I’m gonna be real silly here.

Doom
500 Mana - 40 yd range
Instant - 30 second cooldown.
Inflicts impending doom upon the target, causing damage equal to 50% of your total health + 50% of Spell Power after 60 seconds.

If the doomed target dies, a Fearsome Doomguard appears to fight for you equal to the remaining duration.

Only one target can be doomed at a time.

It’s a curse debuff that will scale with your health that if your target does not get dispelled, it will inevitably take damage. If you let it tick during PvP without dispells and DR, then you probably deserved to get nuked by it.

It’d be a baseline ability that replaces Corruption after reaching a certain level.

Doomlord - A talent that replaces Sacrificial Souls, making it baseline for DB.
Reduces the cooldown and duration of Doom by 50%.
When your Doom deals damage to a Doomed target or a Doomed target dies, your Doom also summons Demonic Tyrant for 15 seconds. This Demonic Tyrant does not trigger the cooldown of Summon Demonic Tyrant.

NOTE: Doomlord summons Demonic Tyrant before summoning the doomguard, adding 15 second duration to the doomguard essentially. Can be tuned after if the effect is too strong.

Would this be an interesting contender vs DeCon? Or… make a powerful, reworked Doom take over Sacrificial Souls that would summon another Tyrant instead of a Fearsome Doomguard.

Agreed. I love Soul Strike. It was happy being able to use it during most of Bfa. It’s still decent but not as much since From Shadows got buffed up.

I’d like to see this talent recurve a moderate buff to make it at least a decent alternative.

I would personally like to see Doom tick maybe 2-3 times and last either 20-30 seconds (respectively) and either summon or have a chance to summon a Wild Imp per tick. I also liked the low chance to summon Doomlord but thats likely just nostalgia talking(it was cool when the stars all aligned!)

Anyways, if it was adjusted to tick, say thrice over 30 seconds with a guaranteed Wild Imp spawn per tick, it would need to be limited to a single target or have a respectable cooldown to prevent it being abused.

Just chiming in.

bump this, need blizzard to read these bugs are so frigging annoying, playing demo for some time now and trying to bigger parses, the GCD bug with Tyrant can litarely make or break your overall damage in a mythic boss fight, please, for the love of god fix this, it’s been broken like this since the release of Shadowlands. Same with the issue with pets being out of range, some boss fights require you to move away from your bizzlion pets but you also only have 2 seconds to cast tyrant for optimal damage so if you manage to cast it but unfortunately it doesn’t effect all your pets say goodbye to that parse. I just don’t think any class should be this punishing and buggy. BUMP THIS!

1 Like

true post indeed