Demonology Changes

■shadowbolt■deals damage and generate 1 soul shard.
:black_small_square:︎20% when casting spells to turn into an instant cast demon bolt that will deal damage +5% for each demon. Also generate 3 soul shards and cannot be avoided.
:black_small_square:︎talent-targets hit by shadowbolt fire out a shadowbolt volley dealing damage to all targets in 8 yards.

■eyes of chaos■-cost 3 soul shards-summon 3 eyes of chaos that will attack the target with dark lightning bolts and all targets within 8 yards of the target. Last 10 seconds. 10 second cd.
:black_small_square:︎talent-after 10 seconds your eyes of chaos fuse together to become an empowered eye of chaos that will aid you for 10 seconds. While active you gain 15% haste.

■hand of guldan■-cost 1-5 soul shards-soulshards in ncrease each time u use it-5 charges-call down a meteor dealing damage and applying doom to all targets within 8 yards. Also summon 1 of 5 greater demons to aid you for 10 seconds(max 1 of each.)
1st cast-infernal 1 soul shard
2nd cast-jailer 2 soul shards
3rd cast-inquisitor 3 soul shards.
4th cast-overfiend 4 soul shards
5th cast-pit lord 5 soul shards.
Reset to lower cost greater demons that you dont have active.
:black_small_square:︎talent-increase the damage of hand of guldan and doom has a 15% chance to summon a doomguard to aid you for 10 seconds. If doom is dispelled it has a 100% chance to summon a doom guard to attack the dispeller for 20 seconds.

■Bilescourge bombers■-deal damage at a targeted location for 8 seconds. Cost 2 soul shards.
:black_small_square:︎talent-increase the duration of bilescourge bombers to 16 seconds and it has a 5% chance when dealing damage to summon a bilescourge to aid you for 10 seconds.

I actually dont disagree with ressurecting Shadowbolt Volley as our passive for the first row. Dreadlash is not only undertuned but pretty lackluster. At least SbV would have a cool visual component. If were going the route of 2 form s of “hog” why do they overlap so much and why is hog itself so overengineered? Have one shard burner be calling st amd the other aoe or something. As described i basically have to build 5 then 4 and so on a d at some point those eyes might be useful for aoe. Its cool as hell in theory but its a cumbersome rotation because i either want to race like mad to maintain within those10 seconds and they
have deapawned before im ready to summon my final hog sets which makes me start at the top and then the 1-3 range are basically never being fully summoned. Do each demons have qualities that make them superior in some situations? Do i wanna go 5-4-3-2’1 on single and 3-3-3-3 on stacked cleave?

So the way it works for hand of guldan is that each time you use it, the shard cost will increase because the demons get stronger. A pit lord will cost higher cause it is stronger than an infernal.

You have 5 charges. So you start off by summoning eye, then you focus on getting all 5 demons out by that time you will get the empowered eye with the talent if u choose it and you can drop tyrant to increase the duration of your 5 demons and your empowered eye having 6 demons then you cast your eye of chaos again. This gives you a window to build shards for your greater demons from hand of guldan or eyes of chaos. With doom hitting targets from hand of guldan as well you have high chances to summon the doomguard.

You can also spend shards on bilescourge if you talent into the improved version for fome bilescourge aid.

All it is is a simplified way of summoning demons. Rather than having multiple imps u focus on keeping your 5 strong demons out.

Hand of guldan words like this.
1charge cost 1 soul shard and summon your weakest which is infernal. Now you have 4 charges. The second charge will cost 2 soul shards. The 3rd charge cost 3 charges , fourth charge cost 4 charges. 5th charge cost 5 shards.

Now lets say u use 1st and second charge but the. You dont use hand of guldan on the third charge. Your hand of guldan will reset a charge and cost will be lowered again when a greater demon expires

You realize there is more to this game then pve, right?

so you want to gut the entire spec in PvE?

these aren’t even “changes” lmao they’re just straight buffs

1 Like

Yes but if youve been paying attention, Blizzard balances around PvE raid then dungeons. And then finally pvp.

While I do agree most of these suggestions seem way over the top. Some of the small things that they need to change, 1st casting of Demonic Tyrant shouldn’t a thing to a spec that has a ramp up time.

Secondly the whole imps spawning 1 by 1 when you cast hand of guldan is just downright pointless as this point of them game.

Going to be feeling really great in shadow lands when you no longer have the trait to give you full soul shards when demonic consumption kick in /s

At this point dreadstalkers should be instant baseline or make a new talent where the cool down gets reset. And please for the love of all things rpgs we need an update to the all the demon looks.

Should be summoning a lot more than just imps from a hand of guldan powered by 3 soul shards. And no we shouldn’t be like hunters but at this point we should be over the whole lvl 8 classic quest of summoning an imp.

But I digress. At this point I feel spec with dots that I have to cast with soul shards and only do damage for about 8 secs and prime purpose to support a casted cool down.

And pets ai that can’t seem to follow the the simple act of changing targets or jump from 1 level to a lower one, good ol let me take that extra 200 feet to walk around a short wall, pillar, or lower level.

I’m still unsure as to the reason of blizzard wanted to make some classes downright crazy with casting times while others seem more up to date with new game mechanics.

Or that mess the new affliction turn out to be yuck.

2 Likes

At minimum Tyrant should br instant to keep us in line with other locks and make sniping a good DeCon less fiddly.

I can’t agree with instant tyrant but thats from a pvp standpoint. Pve… sure… whatever… pve

Ok then why did you quote what I said about DS when DS isn’t in your little PVP section of the OP?

You do realize this game isn’t tailored or tuned to PvP, right?

It applies to pve as well.

Do you know how improve it would be in raids and mythic+ that as soon as I casted my imps I could summon my tyrant instead of the butchering a half second cast and missing out on like a 50% damage increase because 1 imp spawned slower than the other two. It would def be a qol. Casting that last hog and then immediately cast tyrant would be awesome.

Yeah I said… sure pve whatever I don’t care its pve make it instant… I was saying in pvp it would be busted etc.

tyrant would have to be an instant cast as well or those instantly summoned imps would lose energy and you would have basically the same downside

Now,now
We all know what matters most in this post.

Eye of chaos for warlock-yes if they do exactly what they do when shaw summons them then bilescourge bombers can say bye bye. I do like the idea of getting a talented version of getting an empowered eye of chaos. This can really compete with demonic calling.

The one change i want with tyrant is for them to combine demonic tyrant with nether portal. Its like a huge dps loss to cast tyrant and also have t ok cast nether portal. Let it do this.

Demonic tyrant-Summon a demonic tyrant that will open a nether portal. Nether portal summons demons everytime you use soul shards. Your demonic tyrant also increase the damage done by your demons by 15% and the uptime of your current demons by 15 seconds.

Perhaps a new shadowbolt version-:black_small_square:︎shadowbolt deals damage, generate a soul shard and has a 15% chance to turn your next shadowbolt into a demon bolt.
-Demon bolt deals 2 times the damage of shadowbolt+5% for every demon you control, generate 2 soul shards and always deal a critical strike.

If they add a talent version for shadowbolt it should be this.
:black_small_square:︎Shadowbolt volley-dealing damage with demon bolt causes the target to do fire out a shadowbolt volley to all targets within 8 yards. You gain 1 soul shard for each target hit.

This gets rit of demon bolt spell and molten core, and power siphon. Leaving space for the eye of chaor or guldan spell. A new talent and maybe a new passive.

I mean… Both changes should occur tbh. Its one of the few truly botched pieces of our gameplay atm. From a pve perspective of course. I cant speak to pvp lile epic can so i ent gonna.

1 Like