Demonology 9.1 PvP Guide

Hello Warlocks

I make these guides from time to time to help the Demonology Community and hopefully it might answer a few questions or help those seeking to enjoy Demo in PvP/Arena in Shadowlands. It is based on my setup and thoughts about demonology and obviously people might run slightly different things or tweak things based on their personal preference.

Im Editing the ending of the video so it might be slightly off but I figure ide get it out to the community.

I can also be seen at twitch.tv/epicburn but I am super inconsistent.

24 Likes

Thanks for the guide. It seems I was already testing that hybrid build and I liked it a lot. This just confirms it.

Just quick question, when do you use the Fel Lord? At the very beginning? During their go?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Thanks for the guide. Stache looking good my dude.

1 Like

Fel lord although buffed in 9.1 does not do enough damage to stop people from trying to kill you in it so if you do use it as a deterrent or if used defensively know that you are using it in conjunction with another defensive or you are merely trying to “inconvenience” them while you or team weighs your options.

A good example is of use would be… Double melee Force me to gate and immediately reconnect… I drop Lord on myself to Stun them and then feel out the next few seconds…
Do I need to teleport? Has my healer used a cooldown? Do I have the shards to go offensive with it? Are they Scared of it?

I then act off that… another good example would be… I coil the enemy… my druid vortexes him I drop fel lord ontop and then I roll burst off of that.

If my team mate gets kicked and the enemy pops full cds… maybe ill use it just long enough to stun them and he can use defensives etc.

Hybrid has a much easier time using fel lord then the other 2 imo bc you are far less shard starved and can use it offensively or defensive or a bit of both depending on enemy team actions.

Hope this helped.

1 Like

The demo dream is alive and well :^)

ty Mr Burn

1 Like

Thanks everyone

I hope others can enjoy the build/spec as much as I am.

For those who are concerned about swapping and regrinding renown… it really is fun and I wouldn’t rob yourself bc a little bit of work.

2 Likes

This is just oxymoronic. No mustache has ever looked good on anyone.

Wait I take that back. Tom Selleck as Magnum is as far as I go.

1 Like

My fiancé likes my mustache she wanted me to regrow it for the wedding.

5 Likes

It’s really not that bad, took me less than a week of very casual play to get caught up when I swapped from Venthyr to Night Fae.

Yep, my wife gets disappointed when I shave. Maybe because the facial hair helps to hide my ugly mug lol.

1 Like

Maybe I am late to this party but I took the leap and switched to hybrid spec yesterday. I was worried about the renown grind and got to 32 in one day. But you can literally grind it all out in a day and in case you guys didnt know if you win a random bg you will gain 1 renown point each win until you get to the nex part of the covenant quest campaign. SUper nice since now all I have to do today is grind out random bg wins until I hit 44 then continue with campaign!

Btw hybrid is no joke I dont even have the leggo yet and im rolling people! Its hilarious!! :rofl:

Just wanted to add I came from the haste build that Epic speaks about which was super fun too! Only thing that sucked was on your burst if you ran out of your soul rot aoe you lost all that nice haste! The kill potential with hybrid is much higher and feels very smooth.

3 Likes

Yep its why I wanted others to see the spec.

Demo still has pet issues… you still suffer from “Warlock” in general issues but if I can help anyone playing enjoy themselves that is what its about.

3 Likes

I tried it and I’ll experiment more of it!

Not gonna like constantly swapping Carnivorous Stalkers with Fel Commando everytime I want to swap content from PvP to M+/Raiding and vice versa.

So far, I like the idea of yeeting people from existance. Sometimes I feel like it’s not doing enough but that’s usually because I probably need more vers.

Destro still does more damage than Demo in pvp…Alot more…

It is a good thing damage is not the only thing that wins in PvP.

I’ve not had too many issues holding my own vs destro teams and the general meta but even in my video I say destro is king atm.

I enjoy destro from time to time ive been gladiator as destro ive even made destro guides in the past but currently hybrid demonology spec is highly enjoyable and I want to share that with the community because it is what I am personally playing.

Swapping conduits is never enjoyable but the spec is a ton of fun. Keep experimenting!

2 Likes

I want Demo to be stronger than Destro. Cause I like demo but I get no damage in PVP with it :frowning:

If you enjoy demo watch the guide… watch my streams. I actually pull a lot of damage from demo and it might help you as well.

I kill in the opener a lot against solid teams.

I can ushually out damage destro locks. They’re pretty easy to shut down tbh.

Is there any particular reason you don’t run Vilefiend in your Hybrid build? I like taking it to bait out kicks since it’s a fire spell, and it still buffs the tyrant.

I usually open w Vilefiend, Stalkers, Tyrant, Obelisk, then 2x Hand of Gul’Dan. But if Vilefiend is the wrong talent I can see how the opener changes.

The whole point of hybrid is to have 2 kill possibilities and using the FTS debuff on tyrant or Demonbolt.

FTS is required for scary Demonbolt damage and by going Vilefiend you are gaining almost nothing on tyrant bc the FTS Debuff benefitting tyrant and making your Deci+dbolt combo weak.

I explained it in the video but if you want to go vilefiend you might as well be full tyrant.

1 Like

Thanks brew love u

1 Like