Demon hunter vs warrior jumps

when using my warrior character I notice that I can jump things like in temple the sparks that swirl, or in mechagon running to the towers to deactivate the electrical coils of the last boss on the upper floor for the spaceship, with demon hunter cant, I get reset to the beginning, does any body else notice that?

Dh can always jump over Temple of Sethraliss’ sparks with no problem. On Mechagon you can jump over the light, but not the ground that stuns you when it lights up (weird, I know) nor the Alarm-o-bots.

If you’re talking about the vengeance leap I would recommend making a cast at mouse macro instead of the default cast then click at location. For some reason there’s a lot of times where it’ll work with the former but not with the latter.

wonder if other warrior/DH have notice a difference as well

Worth noting that, as far as I can tell, the warrior leap physically moves the character up during the leap, while the DH one does not. The DH one appears to simply move the character’s hitbox along the ground while animating the character model upwards. This is most easily noted by using a /cast [@player] Infernal Strike macro, as using this while not pressing any movement abilities will not consume nearby soul fragments, whilst jumping via the space bar will. This means that the character is not considered to be “moving” while he or she jumps straight up and then back down using Infernal Strike, so the character’s hitbox must not be moving.

This is most likely to blame for the inability of Infernal Strike to “jump over” things it looks like it should be able to jump over.

2 Likes

thanks I am glad to know that I am not crazy, should this be submitted as a bug? I think should be, since is like a jump that doesn’t really jump lol

Not a chance they will be fixing this. Fel Rush and Blink not moving, Fel Rush DCs, etc are still in the game to this day.

Oh my goodness, I remember getting disconnected during dungeon runs on my mage a long while ago and wondered why blink would do that.

well I reported as a bug, from in game, lets see if at some point they heard us.

Weirdly, you still accrue poison counter on the last boss of mythic+ Tol Dagor if you use it without otherwise moving.

That is odd. I guess it’s only sorta not moving? Hell, I don’t know anymore.

I can’t ever expect to understand the poison counter on that damn boss. Even if you Meta as Havoc during it, you raise your meter by an abnormal amount, far more than if you were just running around, even if you Meta in place. Also weird how Fel Rush raises the meter by way less than what would be called normal.

That whole dungeon is a mess with enemies phasing through walls and floors too, which sometimes makes me feel like I’m playing on private servers. Sure is nostalgic casting Fear on someone and then watch them phase through the floor and fall to their deaths in the oblivion.

1 Like