Delay on Pet Response - Please fix

I’m not sure if this is impacting Hunter’s as well as Warlocks, but the delay on a pet’s activated ability is huge.

This is not a ping issue, but I would guess is a logic/code issue, as there is a noticeable delay between me telling my pet to Attack, and it actually beginning to perform that task.

I do not have this delay when I cast my own spells.

Please confirm this is being looked into/addressed soon.

3 Likes

have noticed this also, its crippling.

Not to mention pet pathing. When a mob is moving the pet zigzags side to side. Also, in the searing gorge I tell my pet to attack a mob that is across a bridge, instead of going across the bridge it falls all the way down off the cliff into the pit and up the cliff on the other side instead of simply running across the bridge which would of saved a good 5-8 seconds.

Can confirm.

Pets respond slowly and by slowly I MEAN FLIPPING SLOW.

It’s either a half second or whenever the demon feels like it. Doesn’t matter if the demon is not cc’d or is not on a gcd from using an attack, it just refuses to do stuff sometimes.

1 Like

Buggy for hunters too

Been broken since Legion.

Definitely can’t have this as pets are a huge part for Hunters and Locks. If I cast a seduce, spell lock or sacc - that ish needs to go off like NOW.

They been like this since the first stress test…GL getting a fix.

If all these bugs arent fixed by the time im 60 I might just have to use this character to funnel gold and gear to a new character.

Blizzard is making pservers look like they had good scripting lol.

2 Likes

I’m not a hunter - played my warlock briefly to level 5 to learn enchanting for a bank alt.

Even in that short 5 levels, I can confirm that pet control and behavior is absolute garbage in classic

I’ve noticed delays on a lot of things, not just pets. Like I’ll be attacking a mob and get low hp and start spamming BoP or divine shield, and hit it 5-6 times, maybe 1 or 2 seconds goes by and it doesn’t go off and then I’m dead. Sure the spell batching isn’t set to 2000ms on accident instead of 200ms? lol
Even then certain things should take priority over others , like the above mentioned spells over an auto attack

I’ve had issues while standing still to stop wanding so I can cast. Have to move first to stop the wand shooting then cast.

I’ve also had issues when switching targets while wanding I will stop wanding instead of continue on and hitting shoot again to toggle it back on will put me in melee attack mode. Other times I can’t begin shooting again until I exit combat and enter combat again.

As far as pets go, as a Warlock, they are iffy, at best. Had a rogue hop on me that probably could have been a good fight but Succ decided to not do a thing the entire fight. Refused to seduce, attack or even move. Just kept looking at her nails.

This is all getting tiring.

I’ve leveled an alt Hunter to about 30 and have definitely noticed issues with pet responsiveness and ability usage/priority. Like it’ll take a moment for the Pet to attack when it reaches the target, or won’t use Growl or something, but I end up having to move back from my initial max range shot that initiated combat, because the enemy would have already ran 40 yards into my deadzone before the pet gets aggro. Happens on every enemy I initiate combat with, unless I send the pet in first and wait for it to start attacking, then begin shooting.

Pets seems to just take a moment to respond to a command, and after the target dies they just stand there for like 3 seconds before coming back. Also, I’ve noticed issues with auto shot not staying active when switching targets. Sometimes it’ll continue shooting, most of the times it just stops and I have to initiate auto shot again. This happens while wanding on my mage as well.

Everything with Hunters and pets just feels really off. Coupled with the recent nameplate distance nerf, I’ve kinda lost interest in playing the Hunter alt for now.

Now I have no idea if all of that is how Hunters played in Vanilla. I never touched the class until many years later.

1 Like