Delaryn needs to be part of the story

So, are you saying that Sylvanas made them into the Amalgamation, and not the Jailer?

That’s not true. They are in the Maw. Only those that became the amalgamation were destroyed.

There’s a miscommunication here. He gets that the Jailer is responsible. He’s just calling bs to the fact that Ethriel said

which is incorrect.

5 Likes

Yep, pretty much. And I’m not saying that wanting revenge against Sylvanas is like, “bad”, or “wrong” or whatever. But at the same time, getting “justice” from Sylvanas might not go down exactly the way people want.
The devs say they wanted BFA to leave scars, and I think “justice for teldrassil” is going to be more of a long term motivation against the Horde- even without Sylvanas. I’m pretty sure she’s never coming back to the Horde.

As far as Delaryn goes, I could see why she would fight for Sylvanas at first, because Sylvanas got her out of the Maw, and for all Delaryn would know, she would be the only one able to get anyone else out-like Ferryn. We will see how that goes now that he is in Ardenweald. That may or may not renew her trust in Elune, but
 personally I don’t think that makes a good dark ranger story.

This was one of the worst parts of CATA/MOP for me. As much as the Lordaeron fan in me would like to see a reclaimed Capitol City, it’s not even necessarily needed for the human/Alliance story. Rather than just properly addressing the issue. And there’s multiple ways they could do it.

The situation is a little better now but for the longest time it was rough. The Lordaeron narrative felt ignored or brushed aside for a long time and all the remnants of Lordaeron still part of the Alliance were being destroyed. Southshore/Hillsbrad, the loss at Andorhal & Theramore (a city state founded by Lordaeron survivors) was wiped out. It felt like they were going out of their way to extinguish any remaining Alliance remnant of Lordaeron and that was really annoying to me. Especially since we were coming out of WOTLK and everything that was tied to that with the human story.

I’m a night elf fan as well & i sympathize with a lot of the super night elf fans because it’s a similar situation. Oddly enough a lot of it also coming from the same character in the story too.

2 Likes

I they did that on purpose to get the human focus on Stormwind. Of course it didn’t work.

2 Likes

Nope, we don’t need Delaryn Alliance side Night elves have plenty of Interesting characters that don’t get enough screentime as it is. Lets bring up Jarod shadowsong, Maeiv, Shandris, Broll Bearmantle instead.

Horde however could use a new undead hunter character as they just lost 2. She was essentially a character introduced to die and be resurrected as Horde so let her stay Horde. Be thankful that it wasn’t a more relevant character like Shandris.

The Alliance has more than enough champions what it needs is its lands back. The Alliance should try to drive off the Forsaken and take back Lordearon and restore some of these lost kingdoms. The Night elves need to secure Ashenvale, darkshore, felwood and Hyjal and restore their kingdom.

1 Like

Of course not. Lordaeron is one of the few remaining stains on the pride of Human Potential. And one of the few remaining mistakes of their people that they haven’t been allowed to sweep away. Ironically, its this very factor that once played into the conflict they had with the Forsaken (and, like in BtS, it still pops up from time to time). In that even beyond the growing minority that hates the Forsaken for what they’ve done as Forsaken. The majority of Humanity still hates the Forsaken because of the Scourge. Anduin had to really struggle to find volunteers for the Gathering.

Its why I think the idea that even if Calia were to Human Potential the Forsaken and Gentrify them 
 theoretically cohabitation (lasting) shouldn’t be possible. Provided Humans are allowed to act in any way 
 Human. Because the Forsaken are not only a constant reminder of the horrors of the Scourge for the survivors; as well as a reminder of their own mortality for humanity; but they quite literally are unliving embodiments of that Stain and Tarnish on Humanities “Potential” and Pride. And of that great mistake of their once prized Prince. Especially while they remain with Lordaeron.

Frankly, even the nicest Human-sympathizing undead should eventually be pushed or pressured out 
 should Human resettlement be allowed in Lordaeron.

1 Like

Yeah. And BFA actually killed off most of the named Dark Rangers from Sylvanas’ original group. But Idk if we need to be taking more night elf stuff from the Alliance than we already have.

If that was the case it was executed HORRIBLY. Especially since 2 of the human starter zones were were full of pop culture references and fart jokes. It only made the issue worse. There was literally no reason to care about Stormwind coming out of WOTLK.

4 Likes

Yeah have 3/4ths of the main territory in game go to the faction led by a crying teenager. Sure that’ll make for an interesting game world.

Maybe the Horde should just stay out of Lordaeron and let the humans have their castles back so that the Forsaken/Horde can start having things that don’t require keeping the Alliance down.

Build a necropolis for the Forsaken and have it cruise around central Kalimdor or something.

Sylvanas isn’t Warchief anymore.

1 Like

The only reason I even toy with the prospect of Summermoon staying with the Forsaken is solely because: A) The Dark Rangers have never been in a weaker state, so she could truly make waves within their ranks if she joined them. One hand on the wheel style; and B) I do think she has slightly more chances to be developed into a unique character within the ranks of the Dark Rangers than she would returning to the NEs. Since, conceptually, if she went back to them (with how she’s characterized right now and how many developed reps they have) 
 she’d be rendered little more than “Dead Feathermoon”. Her eventually co-leading alongside Velonara could provide avenues for growth for both of them.

JFC get your own characters. Holy moley Horde.

Do you have any idea how obnoxious it is for Horde to treat Alliance tragedies as an opportunity to window-shop for characters to “make more interesting?”

Stop it.

3 Likes

Nah anduin can go lead the forsaken now that he’s all undead and angsty about being controlled.

1 Like

I mean, it would definitely tie into the idea that Horde races are only allowed to exist in areas that the Alliance don’t want. And if, for whatever reason that changes, then the Horde needs to get out. Like with the Stonespire and Frostwolves. Or to a lesser degree, the Wildhammer. God, this game would be so much more interesting if the Alliance didn’t have less moral ambiguity than the Teletubbies.

2 Likes

Again man you are talking about a zone of your own imagination. Created from RTS maps and cutscenes. It does not compare to an actual in game zone that has belonged to the Horde since 2004.

For those of us born during the Clinton administration what’s in WoW overrides what was in any of the Warcraft RTS games. You are a fan of a concept that was never in this game.

3 Likes

Yes this is generally the result of losing a war of aggression.

This coupled with the Forsaken starting experience was frustrating. I don’t think any Cata questing experience had as much effort put into it as Tirisfal -> Silverpine -> Hillsbrad -> WPL, nor did any other race completely dominate and conquer everything it came into contact with. They even set up future expansion plot threads with Galen Trollbane, as if defiling Lordaeron weren’t enough. Meanwhile the Alliance gets meme quests and constant destruction.

BfA was a nice reversal in that regard. Tirisfal destroyed, Bloodfang in control of Silverpine, Stromgarde restored, human resettlement in Hillsbrad, Sylvanas and her close leadership dead and/or banished.

4 Likes

I’d love to. Blizz just refuses to develop them so much they’d rather shoe horn your characters into Horde leadership positions instead. I’d much rather have Voss, Velonara, Belmont, Faranell, Tattersail, Lydell, Tehd, or even Paxton get that sort of time and attention for the Forsaken. But, Blizz loves their “Human Potential” and “Safe-space” nonsense so much 
 they’ve actually developed a cast of recently Undead Alliance to (what appears) to gentrify the Forsaken instead. None of whom have ever been forsaken.

Its easy to shove Calia into the drivers seat (and make sense of it) if while “getting to know her people” she’s never once forced to interact with them. She’s got all these new “her people” to interact with instead!

8 Likes