Defy the Odds in Torghast When Eternity's End Arrives

What is a cosmic flux? Is it another currency I need on top of 2 other currencies just to be able upgrade a legendary that is required for high level pvp/pve content?

With all this hate with Torghast from the people in this thread, you best stay true to your word with never running it when they remove the cosmetics rewards coming 10.0 pre patch, have no doubt they’ll remove rewards from Torghast especially with flawless runs

No last minute running Torghast for things you’re panicking to get

1 Like

I just hopped in Layer 13 and Jailer’s Gauntlet and got Phantasma from both. (And yes, it counted towards the achievement, I checked.)

1 Like

Greatest day! Thanks, Brewa!

The vast majority of people are not down there because they enjoy chore’ghast.

2 Likes

I get that star ocean dungeon crawler vibe from doing torgast. I like it as a solo experience. Feels like dungeons in some older jrpgs I’ve played. I just wish it was more rewarding.

2 Likes

Actually, no. If you’re upgrading from a Rank 6 item you don’t need any more Ash or Cinders, just the Cosmic Flux.

Then why are they down there?

The title sounds cool but to be honest, the stuff from Torghast, and Torghast itself, is so ugly I won’t even miss it when it’s gone

2 Likes

Guess I’ll start doing Torghast again, if it means I get to ride da giant rat dat makes all of da rules.

This is the kind of post I was talking about, Clark.

You come across as a :peach: :tophat: when you talk like this.

5 Likes

I normally enjoy single player content
 Choreghast, not so much.

Gosh you guys are still wasting time, money and employee’s talent with Torghast? Imagine if that effort went to other more interesting things.

Although I have been suffering from insomnia lately, perhaps running a few instances of Torghast might help me sleep again, who knows? Might help me save some of that sleeping pill money.

2 Likes

Torghast loot structure is a miss as well, yea. The problem with making it the hotspot for one specific item type most people want, is you make most people feel obligated to do it. Not as much of an issue if it was a nicer place that most people would want to be, but also, it is an avoidable problem entirely. They could have put another row in the vault for Torghast and made it general purpose content that gave a bit of valor and legendary mats and money and gear rolls, and put some legendary mats as loot in dungeon and raid and pvp. Don’t know why everything needs these hard divisions in what kind of loot it gives, some kind of artificial engagement pump I guess.

I mean the only reason why people are even going to engage with this initally is due to it having cosmic flux and the new stuff in the gauntlet. Which comes off as a rip off of endless halls that never got touched again since the start of the expansion. Which is rather telling how how well torghast was received.

I know I’m being a negative Nancy, yet at the same time I feel like this pretty much a waste of time and resources. I would of rather seen work done on crafting professions. Given the atrocious state of them right now in the fact that there is a huge cost barrier to even rank up one single recipe to rank 4 right now. Which has made a lot of players not engage with the crafting professions, and I imagine a lot that could make the rank 4’s have quit the game now and is only going to drive the prices up further come this tier. Like its bad that legendaries at max rank still cost close to 100k per, it keeps it heavily out of a lot players reaches. To the point where the most economic thing to do is gather the materials yourself and have someone make it for you. Over actually ranking it up and in turn being able to sell the items yourself.

You know what lets do some math here real quick, doubt anyone at blizzard will see this but:
When I wanted to max rank the jewel crafting base item recipe, I costed it out as such:
Exalted shards would of been 75k for all the shards required, already a glaring issue. Then I would of had to either prospect thousands upon thousands of ore, for this arguments sake based on the essence drop rate lets assume its 10k of each ore, which sadly seems to be somewhat accurate. So for Phaedrum ore that comes out to 90k, and sinvyr ore that comes out to 170k. Now if you want to just buy the essences, then the essence of rebirth would cost 131k, and the essence of torment would cost 185k, both of which to get to rank 4 require 750 of each. So in total if you were to use either method to get to the max rank, it would cost 335k if you prospected all the ore, or 391k if you bought the essences required. This is also excluding the shadowgahst ingots, but I think I’ve made my point.

This is literally why legendaries are so expensive, people were funneled mats at the start of the expansion, and unless you had been grinding from day one, you will have to spend MONTHS grinding this out to get all the essences you need to get to rank 4 legendaries.

This is a serious issue that needs to be addressed as rank 7’s are going to be atrociously expensive for a long time, and I pretty much am already resolved to grinding the mats myself, and getting someone to make the item for me. Given that is the most econmical sensible thing to do for all professions, over actually spending the time to learn the ranks and make and sell them yourself.

I doubt this will get any attention, but it just had to be said honestly and it needs to be worked on or at least considered for 10.0. To not replicate this system, or at least make the cost less just to make it feasible for the common player to be able to make these items.

Yasssss I want that Torghast smoke baby. More interested with the title than mount. :triumph:

1 Like

There really shouldn’t be any need to do Torghast for Flux, it drops like candy in Zereth Mortis.

They almost had it, everything I saw from beta testers showed that Torghast could’ve been awesome. Then Blizz pulled a 180 and made it suck

2 Likes

Torghast was pretty much the same in beta as it was on launch though (until the mega-nerfs).

The streamers sold you a hill of beans. They kept crowing about how awesome it was to get clicks, and then turned right around and pasted it to get more clicks. Even when nothing had changed in between.

I remember Torghast in Alpha, even. It was boring there, just like it was boring in 9.0. But 9.1’s changes helped a lot. Just not having to pick up Phantasma, by itself, was a massive improvement. :laughing:

I think I speak for a good bit of peeps when I say:
WE DO NOT LIKE TORGHAST.
Please friggin’ stop.

5 Likes