Dedication Ceremony Walk for Sandi "Nona" Starkey (1948-2019)

A long time ago, one of Gaiscioch’s first members, Mulenna aka Nona, tried to get our community to come to World of Warcraft. At the time we were 100% siege warfare based and World of Warcraft had not offered anything along these lines. We skipped retail all together but that did not stop Nona from sharing the stories of her adventures in Azeroth.

When World of Warcraft Classic was announced I took a hard look at our community. Our PvP side has faded, we’ve grown drastically on the PvE side and Raiding is now a hot topic among our community. While our community goals didn’t line up with 2005 World of Warcraft, they do line up in 2019’s World of Warcraft Classic. With Nona’s encouragement, we launched an adventure on Old Blanchy.

Nona was the only player to have a major part in all 5 of Gaiscioch’s chapters. She ventured through Hibernia, Warhammer, Telara, Tyria, and Tamriel over the course of 18 years. She served as an Elder in our community and loved PvP even into her final days. She was a roleplayer, a comic, a prankster and had the quickest wit I’ve ever known. She led a life filled with love and cared deeply for the communities she was a part of. She saw us all as grandkids and loved hanging out with us.

Last year she was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. She was told she less than a year. She took this news with a grain of salt and walked right up to death’s door and said: “Bring it on”. We spoke the week before her passing and she told me not to mourn her as she led a full and complete life and has no regrets moving onto the next place. She was a Captain in the US Army’s Medical Corps and a true friend that never missed a meetup in Seattle when her doctor’s permitted.

A few days before her passing she sent me a quick text message.

"Nona needs support at the border walls. She will send reports on possible Horde Invasions soon."

The wall she was referring to was Thoradin’s Wall in Arathi Highlands. A wall she has roleplayed defending for months and was working on a story with a friend right up to her final moments.

To commemorate the life of Nona, Gaiscioch will be forming up at the gates of Stormwind on Sat. Oct. 26th at 5:00PM PDT. We will be walking from Stormwind to Thoradin’s Wall in Arathi Highlands sharing stories of our adventures with her and remembering her for the awesome person she was. We will be streaming the walk at Twitch on the gaiscioch channel for all to see and we will be rallying on Discord at rQtFeS9

We welcome all to join us for this walk dedicated to one of the most dedicated World of Warcraft players I know. She tried for 15 years to get us here, and it took time, but she finally pulled it off. Today, Gaiscioch proudly called Azeroth home and we’re here to stay.

Commonly used in game names:

• Blizzard ID: Nona#1585
  • Asesina
  • Doubtful
  • Easi
  • NonaSkye
  • Sneakie
  • Starlix
  • Zievha
  • Mulenna
  • Jadera

TLDR

• What: Walk to Remember Nona / Mulenna

• When: Sat. Oct 26th at 5PM PT

• Where: (Old Blanchy, Classic WOW) From the Gates of Stormwind to Thoradin’s Wall in Arathi Highlands

• Who: Alliance Members of all levels can meet us at Stormwind, Horde Players please meet us at Thoradin’s Wall in Arathi Highlands so you don’t get griefed by NPC guards. We welcome all players to join us on Twitch or on Discord.

6 Likes

/salute to Nona