Declining real life friends due to low R.IO?

You are aware half the planet who uses it, uses it to desribe themselves right?

Wrongfully in your case then :man_shrugging:

1 Like

it’s dumb that people are declined from a group in which the goal is to succeed within a time limit because they have no experience?

really?

Elite yes, elitist no.

1 Like

I think people are telling you that friends ought to be treated better than random strangers you know only by their r. io score.

But it sounds like what you want to hear is “yes, it’s fine to treat others like dirt because people were mean to you.”

1 Like

Just gather up your friends in-game. Set an appointment and insist they be there on time. Show up 15 mins late.

Wear your best gear and ask them to inspect. Link them your Raider IO Score. Tell them some tales of high keys like 9 and about how your score gets you into any PUG within mins while others must whisper and plead for a chance. Just share your achievements with them.

Finally, say, “if you want to do M+ with me, you have to become me. You have to be all that I’ve shown you. Until then I don’t know you and won’t be seen with you in game.” Then hearth out.

If they have a low IO you shouldn’t be friends with them anyway.

Get your priorities straight.

This post proves why raiderio is a hateful, vile and wicked add on that must be banned and broken by Blizzard.

Declining friends over a raiderio score-shame! shame! shame!

This post proves raiderio encourages elitism and is an excellent case study in why Blizzard must break raiderio

This right here is the results of the Facebook “friend is someone I clicked a button on a web page” culture! You’re not their friend, and they shouldn’t be yours.

1 Like

Maybe it’s elitist, but it’s better to be elitist than to be taken advantage of. His “friends” just want to be carried. I had to break up with my GF for the same reason. It’s hard, but it’s better for you in the long run.

You play arms warrior in M+

Id say youre doing them a favor by not taking them to your runs.

I just carry through the 1 10/11 key and call it at that. I’m not here to spend 60 minutes in a dungeon for like 5 dungeons when I personally am not getting anything out of it.

It’s only ‘elitism’ because you choose to limit your self to a system you hate. Just because you hate this system doesn’t mean the game has to be tailored to you.

Then again, you haven’t done a single piece of content in this game so why would your opinion matter/why should the game be designed around you.

You arent a real friend lol. Feel bad for them, I would of loved to help them out even if they were not my friends.

Hmm, you wouldn’t have the gear to help his friends or the experience to do the dungeons even if you wanted to.

OP has a hate hardy for Raider IO and is mad he can’t queue into M+ and force people to play with him.

There are more variables to consider here. What exactly are your friends asking for? Are they sitting in 370 gear demanding you to take them to +10’s? Cause if that’s the case
 That seems a bit like they’re being a bit leechy
 It’s fair enough to state that you’re not interesting in doing that level of carry (or that you don’t want to). Particularly if its your key that they want you to use and you want to use it to push for your own goals.

If they’re asking you to do content that’s relevant to them though
 Like early M+
 I mean
 At that point it just sounds like your friends want to play with you. At which point
 it seems silly that you’d use something like R.IO to avoid them

Finally
 consider the long term gains in this discussion. Sure you’re “carrying” them today
 but once they’re geared, you’ll then have solid players to try to push harder content with.

IO is great for dealing with random applicants and for pushing personal goals. Using it as a metric to determine whether your friends are worthy of your time though
 I mean
 I wouldn’t consider you my friend if you did that to me.

2 Likes

Yeah I saw some of his other posts lol.

My progress is private.

Progress shaming: Yet another reason to allow armory to be set to private!