Declining real life friends due to low R.IO?

Except every person that plays actively in Warcraft knows that these people that are “returning” are always “returning.” They are flaky. They never stick around to reap the rewards of having a group of geared friends.

You actively played and you haven’t encountered these people?

I have seen the opposite, those who have come back and want to try to get to that level. Have 4 of these so called flaky people as you put it running keys on my horde account right now.

People come and go, life happens, boredom etc. but some who come back actually do so to enjoy the game with players they liked to be around in the past.

Is he really scapegoating IO because he’s a bad friend, or did he just come up with possibly the worst back story for another RaiderIO is bad thread?

2 Likes

It’s important to remember that this is a video game. You know, something you used to play with friends.

I think you know the answer to this. Choose your friends over a ranking system that isn’t even part of the game. Carry them till they’re ready. WoW…doesn’t actually matter. And better yet, a patch ends, so do your rankings.

I do this with my boyfriend actually .-. I won’t do keys higher than 12-14’s with him because despite all my efforts, teaching him strats doesn’t click. Mostly I just get him a weekly key done.

Teach your friends in lower keys before throwing them into high ones but if they’re unteachable they’re unteachable. Still, don’t cast them out for io score alone and I hope this isn’t a troll thread.

2 Likes

Yes.

It was dumb when people were declined because of Gearscore. It’s dumb that people are declined because of iLvl. And it’s dumb that people are declined because of rIO.

Exactly. I have a friend that is new to wow and their ilvl was around 360 after benthics. I got them to join my guild and we pushed a +2 key all the way to a +10 with my guild mates who were more than happy to bring them along.

They got their first ever 10 done for the week and they also got to experience key progression. OP here is kind of a … lol

2 Likes

I love it! I play much the same, it’s not tough to spend a little time helping others out, it’s what make the community better. Last night I was hunting jelly on this toon for my bee mount. A total stranger was asking for help in general chat, some trolled him. I stopped what I was doing let them jump on my owl back and guided them to their destination. Even offered help if they were stuck again.

um
why not help them get gear lmao I know there’s catchup mechanics but the game is a lot more fun WITH people than without people

So you think it is dumb to decline of axxdot people based on experience? That’s all raider io does.

I mean, if I’m pugging my key, I’m not going to invite a player that has only done a +2 this entire season. Specially if it’s a hard week.

The replies are unreal. You’re telling me that this community mythic+ that is, who’s treated me like :poop: for three seasons, just to forgive and forget?? Am I crazy or something for thinking that’s…crazy? I honestly don’t understand. Am I missing something?

Yes kindness and compassion to those you call friends. You could have explained to them that pushing a high key with them wouldn’t help them any and asked them to wait for you to get that done. Then actually helped them in their range by running mythic 0 and then pushing their lower keys.

So you got hurt, it happens, but for you to continue a cycle that upset you so much is beyond reproach.

2 Likes

I just help them by running their keys with them. If we have a full guild carry run where we know everyone will stick it out we’ll do a learning run of forever. But otherwise I think it’s just best to help push their key as far as they can.

At some point you’ll probably need to just tell them “hey we’re doing push keys and you’re not ready.” and if you’re also helping them on lower keys and doing carries they should understand.

I am glad we are not friends

1 Like

So, I run into this girl, and we’re vibing, and she asks if I want to meet up time. I’m feeling good about it, but I tell her to hold on for a minute, and I look up her IO. 450 S3, 900 S2, and nothing for S1?

I was like, “Girl, bye.”

3 Likes

1 Like

The form of the question was silly and yes this game is boring and pointless without friends and guildies, but there is something to be said for getting people their initial gear.
That said, my idea of being a “good friend” with current content is giving good advice:

• Unlock WQ
  • Get them through the initial Nazjatar content for pearls for full Benthic, unlocking Essences, and getting a 35 level neck
  • Do Island Expeditions
  • Go to Mechagon for their 404 Trink
  • Keep working on War Campaign for insane AP

Once they’ve got this part done they’ll be like 380 iLvl and practically ready to actually hold their own in Mythic 0s, do PvP for the easy 410 Conq weapon, etc. I have a guildy that dinged around the same time last Friday and he’s grinding Heroics to get geared. If you can’t even bothered to have the Google result of “WoW 8.2 fast gearing” regurgitated back at you and doing what was suggested then eh, not sure I’m super down for that. Everything else, definitely.

You’re an awful person. Disgusting.
I’m an Elitist as well, but I’m not a dick about it.

1 Like

Elitist is a pejorative term so you shouldn’t use it to describe yourself…

Oh and you are not elite so you wouldn’t need to be a dick about it anyway.