Decision: Post 'Sylvanas' Choice' minific

Rated: G

The sword was heavy, it took much of her control to hold it steady, its extremely sharp tip inches from his chest. The sword recognised him, wanted him, reached for him like a child seeking its parent. It was power blended with avarice and it sought a joining that would change everything.

The moment stretched as such moments often did. Why do I hesitate, she asked herself. He’s just a man, a young foolish man, a human, an enemy. Why is this one any different from any of the many others of his kind I’ve killed without a thought

He stood there, very still but breathing hard because it was a battle as much as any clash of arms. His blue eyes were fixed on her, taunting her with questions that were accurate despite their predictability. Action was required but she couldn’t helping asking. Why?

He was young and brave, beautiful in his unshaken faith. Nothing she said or did wavered him from his belief because it was the core of who he was. What he was. Just as she had been when she was young, a ranger defending her people with every bit of her strength. He stood there helpless, defenseless, unarmed and she could almost sense the rapid beat of his heart. Fear was a natural instinct and he was afraid but it didn’t change anything. Nothing she said, nothing she did, shifted him from that immovable point.

He was a King who did everything for his people, prepared to go down into the dark for them if that was required of him. He was Priest and he healed anyone who needed it…she suspected he’d even heal her if he could. And I am asked to destroy all that, to undo what nature and breeding and birth have made of him…to put out his light from the world.

The point wavered and Time held its breath.

3 Likes

So wait, this is about Sylvanas about to kill Anduin?

Well, I don’t know if the plan is to kill him so much as control him. Do a brainwash on him, the sort of thing you saw with Thrall and Alleria in the Horrific Visions. After all, she was trying to get him to follow them willingly, to get him to see her point of view. The only other way to do that is to convert his mind, so he ends up like “I see it all now, what you and the Jailer are doing is absolutely right, we have to save everyone”…that sort of thing.

Which absolutely sets my brain alight with possibilities (:

1 Like