December 15 - Battle for Ashenvale Updates

With hotfixes that are rolling out, we’re making two significant adjustments.

• The Battle for Ashenvale will now progress about 50% faster than previously.
  • The reputation gain for participating in killing an enemy Keeper of the Grove or Blade Master has been increased to 400 (was 200).

Together, these should reduce as well as compensate for the longer time between battles.

25 Likes

make devastates damage effect work in all warrior stances

2 Likes

THANK YOU!

Now let’s see how fast that percentage fills up!

Ok lets see how this goes cause currently it’s 3% and 2%. So I’m gonna make dinner, take a nap, read then log back in latter and see how much it moved. If it’s gonna be hours and hours between games. I’m not sure that is gonna work and will cause people to log out and park characters there.

It’s not like it’s convenient to get to Ashenvale so after arriving you want to do the Event.

2 Likes

what do you mean half the end game stuff happens near ashenvale

Solid change, I think it would be cool if you kill a player in the pre event you could get +1 rep as well per kill. Small amount but adds up over time. Incentivizes pvp even more so when event’s not going I suppose.

9 Likes

I can already tell a difference.

15% increase in percent since my last post 11 mins ago

1 Like

Great hot fix, thank you!

There appears to have been something baked into today’s (Dec 14) hotfix that made the small adds for the Ashenvale event (dryads/druids/archers) no longer provide reputation gains when killed if my character is revered with Warsong Outriders - was this intentional?

I ask because that was the only thing incentivizing me to keep participating in the event more than the once-per-week Wardrums quest, so without that I have pretty much nothing to gain from doing it any more…it would be nice if that could be added back in if at all possible!

edit: apparently this was a bug that was fixed on Tuesday - however I’d still like it to be reinstated as a feature! I think it’s a slow enough rate of gain (<200 per event) that it’s not trivializing the exalted grind and it’s way more fun than just spamming premade wsg stomps

1 Like

You cannot gain reptuation past revered with the event, that’s been since the beginning

That’s 100% false info, the small adds still gave 10-25 rep per kill past revered up until yesterday.

1 Like

No, its not.

Rep has always been 0 once you reach revered.

You can only can rep in WSG BG.

1 Like

i appreciate the SOD dev team i definitely do feel the effort, i know it will be tough but I hope they keep an eye out and keep the hotfixes rolling in especially in making weaker specs better

Nah this was a change that came through like 3 days ago.

The adds were giving rep past revered, but the bosses weren’t. This was as of Tuesday restarts.

2 Likes

Guards giving rep past revered was a bug they fixed.

:man_shrugging:

I don’t know what to tell you aside from you’re just wrong, I’m sitting at 855/21000 rep and haven’t done a single WSG on this toon lol. You are correct that the Keepers/Blademasters, faction leaders, and event completion rep are no longer awarded past revered, but until this morning the small mobs that pull with the keepers/blademasters and faction leaders were still awarding 10-25 rep each even if you were past revered. Something about today’s hotfixes changed that

edit: others reporting it was a bug, that makes more sense. I’d still like it to be reinstated though T_T

1 Like

I logged back in to check 22 mins latter we are at 18% and 19%. Logged right back out. :rofl:

no update to give rep past revered? still dead content

Blizzard already stated that bosses and adds werent suppsoe to give rep past revered. They already fixed it, youc an only gain rep past revered doing WSG.
i was 1900 today and now im 6000/21000

nah they said in a response they are looking to change