Death strike nerfs are over the top

Anyone who plays DK can feel how bad this is in PvP…

@ Blizzard, how can you honestly justify hitting, “SEVERAL” aspects of our defensive kit all at once while still having some MAJOR outliers with absolutely broken defensive kits.
In your patch notes you wrote, and I quote " We feel that with these adjustments, Death Knights will maintain durability with options to counterplay defensively." Do you just tune based on feeling? Or is there some actual math behind decisions like this. Id love to see a blue post breaking down the math that went behind breaking “several” aspects of one classes defensive kit all at once, while leaving other major outliers untouched.

29 Likes

What did they mean by “options to counterplay defensively”?
Still trying to figure this one out.

12 Likes

Id like to know how I can defensively counterplay a fury warrior now

16 Likes

11 Likes

I honestly felt like a little complaining kid in arena skirms today. I’ve played a Death Knight since WoTLK, gone through all of their changes and this feels like one of the most intense “patches” or “tweaks.”

It’s like we were at a rolling boil and they killed the heat. It’s reassuring to know I’m not alone in this feeling because I can’t play my class it feels like. But I know I can, I’ve enjoyed coming back throughout the years to the DK. This feels unacceptable and it’s going to be obvious in no time that there will be minimal amounts of Death Knights playing in pvp, especially in the lower brackets when they’ll just get nuked on the spot. Before I could contend, key word CONTEND with a DH in meta mode but now I’m just thinking to myself while the counter counts down. “I’m going to get shredded.” I won very few games tonight, getting 1k honor for the weekly quest was actually arduous. Sure would be great if there were reparations made as this is a week before the arena season starts, but oh well. Guess I’ll just bang my head against the wall with my profession.

2 Likes

I literally went from winning 1v3’s & 1v4’s to getting nearly destroyed in 1v1’s because I just can’t stay alive while other classes get to extremely outheal mine, once burst is done it feels like I’m playing against dampening. I feel like I need a pocket healer to even compete in Warmode PvP World Quests now.

This change truly did kill our class for PvP, I can already see the arena meta being “tunnel the DK”.

Already unsubbed. I only play DK and I don’t feel like becoming a punching bag for a whole expansion.

12 Likes

Because 1v3 and 1v4 is good balance, amirite?

3 Likes

“It’s okay when I, a Warlock, do it but it’s unbalanced and unfair if your class does.”

12 Likes

I’ve unsubscribed and uninstalled the game.
:dracthyr_shrug:

10 Likes

Where did he say insinuate it was okay?

1 Like

When you’re good at the game it is

It’s horrible! Meanwhile DHs and locks 3vs1 almost all classes! But yes cherry pick DKs death strike, and not fix the bug/glitch that makes them feel temporarily broken…

I just started leveling in DF and was questing with “warmode” on so I could get some extra experience, naturally I was consistently targeted by ally players who wanted to try to interrupt my questing experience with some healthy pvp. I was actually surprised how well I was able to fend off other classes in 1v1s with decent survivability compared to previous expacs.

Apparently, blizzard noticed this as well and took the necessary steps to ensure dks played as they were intended to, garbage with no survivability.

Memes aside, It was actually very refreshing to feel like for the first time in years, I could actually go toe to toe with other classes 1v1 and feel like I could survive for longer than 15 seconds and gasps actually have comparable healing to some of the other absurd self healing seen in other classes.

At least blizzard had the decently to do these nerfs before I invested in fully leveling and gearing my character so the time investment was minimal. Wish I could say the same for others.

1 Like

Because 1v3 and 1v4 is good balance, amirite?

Nobody is saying that. We’re saying our self sustain shouldn’t be useless considering we don’t have the utility other classes bring to the table.
I’m fine with a nerf, but I’m not fine with making our only means of survival against physical damage utterly useless. If I wanted to play unholy as a ranged class I would’ve leveled my affliction warlock.

For those who play Blood in or out outside of PvP - Death Strike for the specialization got a 37% minimum heal nerf indirectly - due to a bug.

Never said it was ok for any class,

a pvper in pvp gear winning against 4 pvers in questing greens is acceptable if not desirable. pvp knowledge and skill is the OP factor there, not any class.

1 Like

Use chains of ice and run away and hope other classes don’t use their mobility to catch up.

I also unsubscribed. Id rather give my time and money to a company that cares about their player base.

What they did to DK’s was straight up disrespectful to the pvp player that invested their time into this so far.

It would be one thing if they hit ALL classes with this same treatment, but they didnt. Check out this video if you really want to get tilted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo9PRdbv8ec

3 Likes

The Warlock forum, when she didn’t lament how overpowered Warlock is.