Death strike btw

~https://imgur.com/a/g55P9fk~

1 Like

I did some tsg games the other day. My dk friend his a 242,000 and some change death strike after a gpyro + big bolt landed through a pillar. It was funny until I realized we legitimately should have lost right there because we had let both casts go off.

4 Likes

yever just do 325k dmg into ams

3 Likes

average of 91k hp healed per death strike. not bad.

Yever just heal yourself for 200k in a global with no cds popped as a melee dps :joy:

1 Like

the cds popped were yours, surely
he judo flipped them on you

6 Likes

All I’m getting from this is that you and your teamate were pumping. You just happened to pump into the wrong target. As you’re standing in the middle of the map without a care in the world, rocking 400 k HP, great defensives and cc’s with 4 different DR’s, maybe consider hitting the class that isn’t specifically designed to mitigate magic damage?

5 Likes

Never liked that argument.

• Complaint: You’re too tanky.
  • Proposed solution: Never try to kill me.
8 Likes

You can try to kill them. Dk’s are only tanky vs casters with really high burst even then they can be killed, just not in the first go, which from the details it looks like this was a short fight. Consistent damage is the way to kill them.

It’s also funny to see a Warlock complaining about anyone being tanky.

3 Likes

not sure what you mean with this, you mean that death strike wont be up on the next go?

ah right you can only complain about toxic stuff depending on the avatar you post on, I forgot

5 Likes

His improved AMS wont be. Also he used IBF that shouldn’t be back thats 30% DR right there. You could also not let him smash your face. Blow him up and try not to get hit for 5 seconds. Totally doable as a Lock, not easy but for sure doable. For him to get that 200k heal you had to do insane damage to him like a million. I can only assume that the ams, IBF and a big cds from his healer barely kept him alive from it.

Yea when you post on the most toxic of toxic specs, it matters. At least to me, you’re obviosly free to not agree.

4 Likes

Uhh… yes it will.

Not really. Chaos bolt is going to break fear and coil is pretty much used for the initial delivery of the big bolts. Its fairly difficult actually being the least mobile spec to actually not get hit.

How often do you go? If you mean blow every cd at once every two minutes then yes. But this is a 2k plus player here. Surely he will have gas in the tank to go again in 20s when DR’s are back.

Infernal cd is 2 min 18 seconds and dark soul is 2 min.

Honest to god i find it absurd with the amount of ways to negate lock damage that DK death strike isnt hard capped at all. Even grim of supremacy has a 20 stack cap.

You can proc infernals right? So yea by go I guess you mean dumping all of your cds, in which case the DK will not be a good target unless you can bait the AMS.

Proccing an infernal does very little in regards to increasing bolt damage. At best 16% stronger.

DKs are supposedly able to sustain worse versus smaller hits/consistent damage but enter tank trinkets mitigating that “weakness”

Also just because lock is overpowered in some places doesn’t mean it’s okay for death strike to be also lol, they aren’t mutually exclusive you’re just blindly defending DS

1 Like

It’s the percent based skills I agree its dumb. But agian he will die from the amount of dmg he will need to take to do a 200k DS without every CD under the sun. Thats literally 800k dmg before mitigation in 5 seconds.