Death Match or Battle Royale Style BGs

People that plays wow defenitely plays or have played other genres of games too and FPS is one of the most popular styles of gaming genre. Where current BGs styles varies from a sporty flag capturing styles to strategic EPIC BGs these other genres of gamings could be implemented in WOW’s BGs to make it more interesting. ( plus since all the alliance are whining about faction imbalance)

IMO it shouldnt be too hard to make it for Blizz developers that can make Cooking Impossible or Arathi Blizzards and I mean those 2 were really interesting and very much enjoyed.

MAP balancing could be an issue for Death Match style and making a big enough sized map for a Battle Royale style could be one of the obstacles I guess. Implementing time limit and using old maps like Tol Barad could be an option IMO.

1 Like

Southshore vs Tarren Mill fits the bill perfectly :+1:

Simple “death match” format and a lotta fun, it’s never boring

I can’t wait for them to add it

2 Likes

Thanks for the input. South Shore vs Tarren Mill as a BG and in a Death Match mode That would be amazing actually.

1 Like

Go to this thread and tell the devs you would like SS vs TM as a permanent bg:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-epic-battlegrounds/16669

If you don’t ask, you don’t get :upside_down_face:

SS vs TM is a laggy dumpster.

2 Likes

Only at the start, it always cleared up after about 2 minutes or so.

I know one thing, I’ll take ACTION-PACKED SS vs TM over boring, snoozefest, revolving-door-deserterfest Wintergrasp any day of the week :roll_eyes:

Wintergrasp really is more suited to an “occasional” brawl or for “a special occasion” type of thing, it’s just so gimmicky and casuals don’t respond well to it. At least SS vs TM is fun.

WG is fun, I just don’t think people fully understand or remember the mechanics of it.

I think we can all agree that Trashcan should not be re-introduced.

3 Likes

What is to understand it is kill or be killed.

Unfortunately you need to take down or defend towers in the process.

This part usually baffles people.

2 Likes

I thought you were talking about SS vs TM my bad sorry.

No, we don’t “all” agree, I think even Ashran will turn out more fun than watching-paint-dry Wintergrasp

1 Like

I guess this will be the next “every time I get SS/TM I afk out” type of BG for some people.

You’ll see it particularly amongst Melee. There’s no objectives and for Melee it flat out sucks.

It’s like the playground game Red Rover and it’s debatable which one involves more strategy and skill.

“Red Rover, Red Rover, let Melee come over”

No no you agree with me.

Exactly this. If you walk even 1 foot outside of the front line you’ll be gripped and vanished.

It comes down to who can do more AoE damage and who’s PC will last longer.

1 Like

It’s a pile of crap that favors ranged. You’ll notice that it’s rarely a melee DPS praising it.

2 Likes

SS vs TM
I’m gonna do it on my warrior and my mage when it comes back up I done it on my mage enjoy the hell out of it.

1 Like

I mean, it’s fun but doesn’t really fall in as a BG. BGs typically have objectives

1 Like

Wintergrasp favors ranged as well

The main difference is: SS vs TM is fun, but WG is not fun

Also, WG makes healers, melee, and tanks completely irrelevant. The entire bg literally revolves around ranged DPS and vehicles. It should have stayed as a “brawl” and out of the epic bg rotation

Plenty of players, and even some from this forum, have shied away from epics (Squeektoy, Cornstalker, etc) or stopped q’ing for them altogether mainly due to WG being in the rotation. Either that or people just insta-AFK out whenever they zone into it (also common)

1 Like

Kill as many horde as you possibly can that the objective and in this BG I’m damn good at it. I’m starting to get excited just talking about it. :drooling_face:

1 Like

So do arena. That’s the point of it

2 Likes

First, melee are far from irrelevant in WG. A single Melee can 1:1 any vehicle other than a catapult and even then they have a shot. Pitched battles are much less common and certainly more dynamic than SS/TM

Healers are no more or less relevant than they are in SS/TM but I’d give WG the edge here too because there is more opportunity for actually having a small fight where you feel you make a difference.

Now, please explain how SS/TM provides interesting gameplay for melee , tanks or healers.

It’s no fun as a healer, that’s for sure. You just stand in the back and cast as many aoe heals as possible and maybe hit a single target when you can.

Tanks? Lol

Melee? Hahahaha