Death Knight Questions

I wasn’t sure what to title this post lol I feel like I see an awfully lot of DK’s around for a class that I’m constantly reading is doing terrible. I lurk in the class forum as I’ve always had some interest in trying a DK. I’ve seen some DK’s pull off some pretty amazing things but as I’ve never tried one I don’t understand the skill cap against whatever limitations there may be.

So, as I’m sitting here down and out with some flu like sickness I’ve decided it may be time to try the one class I’ve never really bothered with in my WoW career. From what I’ve read frost is worse than unholy but also faster paced than unholy? I love classes with decent AoE and a good bit of utility and Frost has seemed quite interesting.

If I were to enjoy the DK, which spec would be more sustainable in mythics? Not incredible highly keys, maybe just up to 15 or so. Not really interested in any pvp. Lastly which spec do you guys find the most enjoyable and fluid? Any insight into your guys’ class is appreciated! :slight_smile:

I believe the situation you describe really fits both specs equally. If I were you, I’d try them both out and see what I enjoyed the most!

1 Like

I wouldnt look at the forums for performance, I would go to warcraftlogs or something because some people blow things WAY out of proportion on here.

Up to a +15, play whatever you want. Have plenty of time to try things out as well.

I will say, if you are going to level from the beginning, I would probably avoid Frost due to when you get certain abilities and passives. It might give a false representation of the spec.

If you have the time just try things out. Wont hurt anything.

2 Likes

you can do frost for 15 keys. we’re fine for that like every class. but we aren’t wanted by most groups because “dk bad”.

1 Like

Enhance is low man on the totem pole and Ive gotten into groups with it. Its not that death knights are bad, its just out of everyone that is trying to join, you arent going to get picked most likely. You never know what the group leader uses to pick their group. First come first serve? Class? Ilvl? IO score? Spec? Covenant? A mixture of all of them?

Some have said Timewalking dungeons are like a +15. Dont know where that came from, but timewalking dungeons can be a cakewalk. So if their statement is accurate, there is 0 reason to not pick certain classes or specs.

even still, 15s-17s are at least fine on frost at my skill level.

Thats all you have to do.