Death Knight Nerfs

Ah there’s the Blizzard we unholy dks know. We are having fun so give us the nerfs. Knew nerfs to unholy would come sadly but damn come on Blizzard.

Those who main frost congratulations you got a tone of buffs. While Blizzard Devs continue to think unholy was to strong and nerfed us. :unamused:

6 Likes

Frost buffs are huuuuuge.

The Unholy nerfs were expected, as they were really far ahead of everyone else in damage. Looks like Superstrain does 80% damage, which seems reasonable and not totally gutted.

• Frost
    • Obliterate – Damage increased by 15%.

• Howling Blast – Damage increased by 12%.

• Breath of Sindragosa – Damage increased by 15%.

• Remorseless Winter – Damage increased by 10%.

• Frost Strike – Damage increased by 20%.

• Unleashed Frenzy – Strength per stack increased to 2% (was 1%).

• Pillar of Frost – Strength increased to 25% (was 20%) and Strength per rune spent increased to 2% (was 1%).

• Frostscythe – Damage increased by 15%.

• Frigid Executioner – Obliterate damage increased to 15% (was 10%) and chance to refund 2 runes increased to 15% (was 12%).

• Piercing Chill – Damage taken per bounce of Chill Streak increased to 10% (was 5%).

• Shattering Blade – Bonus Frost Strike damage increased to 100% (was 60%).

• Enduring Strength – Strength increased to 10/20% per rank (was 5/10%).

P.S. Warriors lose Mass Grip and Outlaw loses group-wide CDR.

16 Likes

if pof is 25 now what the length at?

1 Like

Totally agreed, last time in Shadowland it’s gutted to 60%, felt terrible
Feel sorry for Unholy Pact though, there’s no point picking that talent anymore

6 Likes

Still would like to see something like Rune of Razorice baked into MoMograine but still nice buffs to frost, lets just hope Unholy isnt overnerfed

2 Likes

4 target grip is piss poor and on a 1minute 30 sec CD vs 15 with 2 charges. Relentless crew would just be a balancing nightmare since it could give major CDS that have a high CD shorter CD which would effect all gameplay

I think it remains 12 seconds.

Let’s be honest about one thing: Good riddance on both of them.

2 Likes

Damn, I am glad Frost got some love. They still need to do some more adjusting imo. GA should have the same interactions that FS has. I also think the 4pc for frost needs a change.

That being said, glad to see frost get these changes but super sad about UH.

UH had a ton of nerfs with very little buffs. The Death Rot change for Epidemic is nice. But they really hit UH hard. I was looking forward to seeing DC actually being fun to hit. 15% seems like a lot. But blizz always overnerfs things instead of steady nerfs for balance.

1 Like

Pretty incredible buffs.

All main rotational abilities buffed plus our offensive cds.

POF 25% inceeased strength for 12 seconds and increasing when we spend runes…so can get up towards 40% at the backend.

Then Enduring Strength now gives 20% increased strength right after it which is basically another old POF…6 seconds but goes 2 secs longer for every oblit crit during POF

So might get around 26+ seconds of 20%+ increased strength and probably get next POF only 15 - 20 seconds later.

2 Likes

Havoc DH also lost silence sigils thank god.

2 Likes

-Combat Analysis intensifies-

1 Like

Edited the part about how enduring strength works in my post…but yeah still looking at 26+ seconds straight of POF and Enduring Strength buffs.

This on top of the regular skills getting buffed has me happy for Frost for sure. Especially in pvp. Frost will actually feel somewhat dangerous outside of CDs now and have some actual sustain. (hopefully)

4 Likes

I’m actually more excited for that Heart Strike buff.

Blood damage overall is still pretty low from my understanding, but the HS buff does help a lot for at least getting more RP for DS

Looks that way.

Still hope we dont hit like a wer noodle without cds but our cds now last so much longer and we get them more often so…its fine.

In PvP after first go, can pillar again before classss get their 1 min defensives back which alone is game changing.

Dont have to wait for 1 min blind and silence , can use them during enduring strength window and still get out pressure and land kills (i assume depending on tuning - wont have guaranteed KMs at this point).

We also have Asphxiate now to land kills.

Having access to Stun, Blind, and Silence alone is huge, on top of also having improved AMS for casters. In general those changes with the buffs we had today has me really looking forward to Frost pvp. (Not to mention the tier set as well for even more damage)

What really has me sad though is the DC nerf and nerfs to other baseline skills. I was never a fan of the pimple pop mechanic and seeing new types of builds that could possibly be viable had me really excited. And now it seems DC is just going to hit less than a warriors slam…

Wish for nerfs devs would send out a blue post just explaining what on earth they were thinking.

1 Like