Dear Tipsout: Verdan the Everliving

It’s Wailing Caverns … not Molten Core…

1 Broken item is not that big of a deal.

5 Likes

Take off your chest piece and go fight a rare sometime. Let me know how that turns out.

3 Likes

Sure, lemme just bring my group as I would during a Dungeon …

Since thats what we are actually talking about.

1 Like

You want to talk about not having the stats to your chest piece, as a tank, should make no difference in a dungeon, when you are also underleveled for the fight.

Is this really the hill you are dying on?

17 Likes

Someone get this guy a Pepsi.

TIL you cant play the game with a broken chest piece.

Considering it’s probably a good 20% or more of his total stats from gear… it’s kind of is. I know at that level I wasn’t wearing much, and as gear wore down I got squishy QUICK.

3 Likes

We got him, boys!

1 Like

Remember to like and subscribe!

8 Likes

Gear breaks all the time. It’s when your weapon or shield breaks that it becomes a real problem.

1 Like

When it’s your biggest source of armor and it’s classic, it kind of is…

5 Likes

He lost 5% physical dmg reduction at most, and what? 50 hp?

Plus he had every other gear available and D stance on…

2 Likes

Tips, is that you? :yum:

Lol he got critted for 90% of his HP and wiped because Soda couldn’t keep up.

Reporting a possible bug is better then not reporting it at all.

ITT people are actually mad hes doing what he was invited for and are willing to nitpick at everything to get likes LUL

2 Likes

You’ve clearly won this battle by placing yourself outside the thread as a logical and rational observer.

Jolly good show.

1 Like

remember folks, this is -classic wow-. the -easiest game that ever existed-. what a joke lol.

2 Likes

Not my battle at all, its between OP and the Code of Conduct.

Imagine making troll threads about someone, putting their name in the title and thinking you wont get reported lawl

Ultimately, at least check your combat log. Seeing ‘crushing’ or ‘critical strike’ is a sure sign that it isn’t ‘normal’ damage.

When I saw Tips die from a 65% hit then the rest, I thought the boss was bugged…but after realizing he had red armour and was likely crushed, it actually made sense since I knew Verdan always hit hard.

5 Likes

You’ve clearly taken the high road here. Respect has been earned.

1 Like

The measured, reasonable response. +1

EDIT: Apparently you reported OP for the “callout” thread… I retract my +1. Disgusting and pathetically soft behavior. Let Tips handle his own business.

@ thread:

Don’t think it’s bugged, but I’ve only tanked WC once on a warrior, and it was at like 20-21 while on a pserver and after already having done 2 previous WC runs, so I was in near bis for the dungeon, so my ability to compare is limited at best…

Seems more like a “welcome to vanilla” moment… What vanilla lacks mechanically, it often made up for numerically… and it could be pretty damn unforgiving at times. I think this is probably just an example of that.

Tips isn’t a bad guy, but he is not a great player.

Watch his interview with Payo. You’ll literally see Payo laugh at him.

I love the stuff he has done for Classic and he is probably super nice, but good lord, some of the stuff he has said is just lunacy. I vividly remember Skarm on Discord talking about calling him on stuff, but still doing an interview with him because he’s just a nice guy.

Swifty also blundered today for what it’s worth. Trying to swap gear while in combat and claiming you could do it in Vanilla…

The only dude who is straight cruising and not showing any weakness is Cdew. Go figure.

4 Likes