Dear Santa

Hello,

Can you please cap Benediction, Whitemane, Faerlina, and Grobbulus to 2500 players indefinitely and open free transfers to every other realm?

Thanks

7 Likes

Lmao, Santa isn’t real and you still have a better chance of getting this from Santa than blizzard

12 Likes

2 Likes

“Please force everyone who plays on larger population servers to play on what people are calling dead servers.”

1 Like

This should’ve been since launch. Blizzard buried this game by catering to mega servers with layers instead of forcing them to spread out. And now they reap what they sowed.

10 Likes

you missed “indefinitely” in the quote, fake news

You know you can transfer to a server with a smaller population than Fairbanks, or reroll. You don’t have to just wish that such a thing is forced on others.

You know you could sell your car and get a bike, or just walk.

Hard caps and no layers were the answer early in P1. That ship has sailed.

What sort of outcome to imagine that to lead to? They experimented with removing layers and locking new character creation.

It didn’t appear to be a reasonable direction.

When TBCC was released having layers was fine because people were always going to check it out and leave. The problem was that there was never a plan to remove the layers and new layers will just spawn with enough people around. So instead of a queue we get a new layer.

That caused people to do the super mega server thing. There are many reasons, one of them being a fear of having to pay to transfer again even if they hate playing on them. It killed off 90% of the servers/server communities for good and left us with server communities that are sub-par according to almost everyone who plays on these servers (pretty much nobody ever argues with me about these super mega server communities being bad because they know they are bad), but players can get groups.

It’s way too late to do anything now but things like free transfers off the dying servers or realm connections.

I also agree with what Blink said.

3 Likes

It absolutely was the direction to take early on. Permanent layers and zero downside to dog piling on a few servers is the result of their decision. They have the player base zero incentive to be on anything but the biggest server.

2 Likes

Long queues. That will force the population to spread out or not play.

This version of classic is bricked server wise, too late to try to fix it now. Next go around i’m sure they will be better… Who am i kidding, activision gonna gut blizzard soon:tm: lol

1 Like

I respectfully disagree, while free transfers off the dying servers or realm connections might mitigate the issue, its not solving the problem. Hard caps and free transfers off the packed servers would begin the healing process. It would take time, but it would be better.

100% true and players have to reap what Blizzard sowed, which is little to no benefit. Blizzard just got a make of money from it to report for the quarterly shareholder meetings.

I’m not really going to argue and I’m on your side. Sorry, I’ve just been fighting this for months and watching while servers die one after the other. It’s been a lost cause and pretty sad.

If the mega servers were actually a better experience for all then maybe I’d be more for it but I’ve had MANY MANY friends quit when the server dies or soon after a transfer. Most people get the same experience as what they had at the start of TBCC or a worse one.

It absolutely was the direction they took early on when they did it. What changed to cause them to stop?

Yeah, that sounds about right.

It might be better for you, but I suspect that what you want (preventing people from playing the game that they want to play) would not be better overall.

I feel like people tend to look for things to blame, but the amount of hours that a person puts into WoW is somewhat difficult to sustain while also doing a lot of other things in life. People burn out, move, change jobs, start new families, etc. and sometimes leave the game.

Are things bad on the larger population servers? Well, maybe for people who prefer smaller servers; just like moving to a large city might be bad for someone who prefers a country life.

We have choices now. If smaller servers are better or more desirable, then what point is the OP making other than, “Please force people who are currently having fun onto servers that are more similar to the population of the server I am currently on so they do not enjoy themselves.”

Is the OP happy on their server (which shows over 3200 unique character raid logs, so I imagine is a fair bit larger than the server size being asked to be forced).

1 Like

The “next go around” if you say SoM has everyone stacking on Jom Gabbar for PVP, because of what happened here, although the PVErs have spread out a bit so yeah…

It actually could be ok in SoM because the overall pop there was always going to be lower but I just wanted to point that out. They are still doing the forever layers thing there.

Agreed, but I was talking about personal friends who I have full-on conversations with about why they quit. I was leaving out the ones who quit because of real-life stuff or general game burnout. Of course, I can’t speak beyond that, but if it’s happened in my friend circle that can’t be the only one.

Should I be happy that server communities have died or that my friends have quit the game?

I really don’t think we do have choices now. I think our choices within this game now are very limited. That person who prefers the small town can’t really get that anymore. The person who wanted the mega server could always go to Whitemane or Faerlina for PVP servers or Pagle/Mankrik for PVE. Not being able to play on a low to medium pop server without fear of it dying is the opposite of choice.

I don’t know what’s going on with Fairbanks but ironforge.pro reflects things only after they happen. Look at Faerlina alliance right now on ironforge.pro. Last week you could have said it was ok, this week there’s a clear drop-off. The ally pop on your server is half of what it was in a single week of logs.

Your preferred server size and what you are playing for will be there for you so don’t worry about that. Your personal choice is being maintained and I’d even say catered to.