Dear class design team, can you stop pretending surrender to madness is a good idea?

Alright I’m going to retype this post, because it came off a little too… Straight forward. Look i love the class design idea, s-priests are kind of like arcane mages where if you let them free cast while standing still they do a load of damage. So let’s give them the ability to do that while moving for 25 second and then they die at the end of it. Ultra high risk to ultra high reward. In theory, in reality it’s a garbage talent nobody takes even when it’s a free talent. Because no amount of damage is going to replace you dying in the middle of a raid halfway through a fight. And in practice shadow priests don’t do that much damage even when were moving while casting.

you tried to solve a small problem with an innovating and new idea, lets give them what we think is super Saiyan mode at the cost of dying, high risk high reward. in practice it’s not, your so far disconnected from the game that it’s painfully obvious. We need mobility, not innovation. This talent is the pinnacle example of a trend that’s been going on for years now.

Thanks, I know I was harsh but I just wanted to say it like it was from my opinion and perspective.

1 Like

The talent just sucks.

Current surrender gives us 25 seconds to deal enough damage to make our death worth it.

So anytime you have a target that lives for more than 25 seconds, the talent is dead

And even if Blizzard gave surrender a damage boost to make the 25 second window worth it, the damage increase would have to be so absurd it would be broken

(To clarify I’m speaking about boss fights where the targets are very long lived)

1 Like

True. But it’s a good talent for short lived trash like in m+. So what’s the issue?

1 Like

Jeez and here I am using it every game cause it’s fun

2 Likes

This is a pretty consistent issue for shadow, bliz keep trying to reinvent the wheel or add cool gimmicks and super unique things when the spec is still lacking a lot of basic function everyone else has (Eg, an aoe rotation).

Don’t get me wrong, bells and whistles are great, and unique mechanics can be a lot of fun, but we need a strong foundation first before any of the ‘cool stuff’ can really stick or be appreciated.

1 Like

Wanna talk about dead talents? Holy tree you get a talent that lets your dead angel form last 50% longer… I even use the revive legendary archbishop and I think that’s a dead talent.

Not to mention dead binding heal and dead prayer circle. Can’t fathom why Blizzard can’t tune these talents. Hell, even PoH is dead

What if they made it more like the Venthyr Druid ability where once you activate it you have an objective you need to complete to avoid being punished? (other than killing the enemy)