Dear Blizzard

Can we start playing World of Warcraft that feels like World of Warcraft? All these systems that have been put in place for the past few expansions has ruined the game quite a lot, from borrowed power to also very little content.

It just doesn’t feel like World of Warcraft anymore. Can we just stop removing the fun and start adding it back in.

20 Likes

Even the silver crown rares in shadowlands doesn’t feel like world of warcraft rares.

1 Like

I’m still trying to find a rare in Northrend. Those are rares, something that isn’t easy to find.

1 Like

I actually stumbled into a Northrend rare and didn’t even know it was. My rarescanner was off. It actually shocked me

unless you are on a deadish rp server that doesn’t have crz in old content and they are almost all up - is that what you want instead?

Most rares haven’t been rare in a long time.

I think the tower is when the realization hit me. Choosing power up abilities was just about as far away from the original game design as possible.

1 Like

Systems and borrowed power aren’t inherently bad.

These iterations of them are just tedious and boring

I think one issue might be that everyone wants everything now and never willing to put in the time to wait and loot. (this could lead to future rares not being released as being wow rare)

Like the Reins of the Time-Lost Proto-Drake.
/

Some rares inside dungeons would be super cool, ones that don’t always spawn making the player queue again and again for that chance at that rare as long as the drop is also specially unique or sort after.

Yeah un-nerf toy train set and bring back the cry bombs. Stop nerfing my fun :rage:

I disagree and find them inherently bad. The idea that you get power over the expansion itself isn’t bad but the pig in a poke situation that you inevitably get as a result of it is and they’re always hand in hand.

What usually happens is things that your class desperately needs are held behind it and then your class is balanced around that being a thing. In Legion I shouldn’t have needed a trait (Loaded Dice) just so Roll the Buffs wasn’t insufferable to use. The ability itself should just not have sucked nearly as much as it did. However there’s no incentive to do that because fixing the ability to be tolerable would take more effort than just slapping in a random passive they needed to add anyway that makes it bearable to some degree.

Moving Loaded Dice later to a talent was a decent idea, but you don’t get it because it’s on the same line as Alacrity and nobody is passing up Alacrity. Which was the case for a lot of other specs is that key things their class needed to function got moved into talents which fed into the issue we were trying to avoid by revamping talents in the first place which was some talents were too good to not take and you got cookie cutter builds. So you’re now having to pick talents so your class doesn’t feel like trash to play over things that might be situationally useful, or pass them up and deal with your class feeling awful to play because it’s not nearly as good as the other talents on the line.

1 Like

I love all the zones, but none of them feel very Warcrafty. The systems are just time gates.

Replace one grind for another. Although I’d like to see a lot more alt friendly things in place. I don’t have 16 hours a day.

Make more things account bound. The focus is very heavy on mains and I cannot speak for others, but I think it’s a source of burnout and unsubs

1 Like

I don’t want that old version of rare coming back with faction tagging and long time wasting camps.

2 Likes

After thinking about this for a bit, borrowed power is not much different from tier sets, the more you raid (time spent playing), the more pieces you get to unlock the powers. The difference is, everyone gets these powers instead of raiders only. The system isn’t that bad, it just needs some tweaking.

If we go back to tier sets, PVP & Casual players will be screaming the screams of old, “Why do raiders get the best gear” even louder than they do now.

This I do agree with, but can give a little slack due to the “Things” happening in blizzards corp office.

That’s part of what makes it rare. It’s hard to come across.
They should just change the name to something else tbh.

They took the difficulty out of world content. Not nearly enough threatening mobs.

hey look another thread about this.
neat

Then now they have golden elite mobs that drop next to nothing mixed in with world quests.

1 Like

Sorry bro but World of Warcraft is not for old school players anymore.