Dear Blizzard: Please Nerf Mages and Locks

Let’s face facts. Mages and Locks are too OP and need a potent nerfing, immediately. How is it that a level 50 rogue cannot resist a level 20 fear, while at oh **** it I quit and am giving away my s**

Let’s face facts. This is an old game and mostly a museum piece. They aren’t gonna start rebalancing classes. Wait for TBC.

2 Likes

Kek.

Get rekt, son.

12 Likes

Uh, that’s actually fair that you can’t just auto-win against someone much lower level

I forget why, but back in the day resists were changed so that lower levels could land spells on higher levels (players only, mobs will still resist almost all)

Also, you are bad. Bad that you have to gank people 30 levels lower than you and really bad that you can’t even pull that off

Rogues usually do well against warlocks btw

Let’s face facts. Classic isn’t going to get the type of balancing you want. It’s already set in stone. Don’t like warlocks and mages being more OP than you? Add hunters to that list in the future.

3 Likes

You lost as a level 50 rogue to a level 20 warlock?

Yeah nothing to see here folks.

1 Like

Warlocks were the only class in vanilla to receive almost nothing but buffs and are still considered B-Tier because they’re also the most gear dependant casters in the game. That alone should tell you how weak warlocks actually once were.

Even when Blizzard nerfed certain things like fear or curse of shadow/curse of elements they still compensated with Death Coil, and by making those curses do a flat % increase to damage.

Why don’t u stack shadow resistance? Holy blank Batman…

It’s probably a troll post. It’s almost not possible to lose as a 50 rogue to a 20 warlock without having a RL heart attack or seizure mid fight and trying to fight through that

Cheap shot into kidney shot, how would the warlock even still be alive at the end of kidney shot? Even if he was, he doesn’t have deathcoil, so he has to hardcast fear. So you could kick interrupt his first fear

Even if you just ran at him out of stealth and started meleeing, you could still gouge and kick interrupt his attempts to fear. So once again, this has to be a troll post

Good news! in TBC mages become much weaker relative to the other class. Bad news! Warlocks become your new god. Even worse news! Blizz isn’t going to change a 15 year old game to satisfy you, so get used to it.

the fact is youre level 23. got a lot more to see.

i’d argue the meme casters are the most gear dependant and locks are on par with mages.What hurts locks the most is lack of supportive raid comp.

What really costs warlocks damage is the lack of other locks and a spriest in the same raid.

I’d pug raid on my alt lock and would pull close to 30% less damage thanks to me being the only lock in the raid group.On the rare occasions that I’d have 3 other locks and a spriest in the raid I’d proceed to dumpster just about everyone else bar the warriors/rogues or other people who massively outgeared me.

ISB uptime,CoE,Shadow weaving and the ability to actually use DoT curses are a sizeable chunk of damage.

He’s trollin, thats the nerf hunters guy from the other thread

Dear Blizzard. The Warrior hybrid class now has competition for PvE DPS from actual DPS classes, clearly this is unintended.

A priest asking for a nerf to mages and locks?