Dear Blizzard, how about a new approach to dungeons. Normal-mythic?

I’d rather see an entirely different take on mythics.
I envision something like this that doesn’t constantly recycle old content over and over.

1. normal dungeons, 5 man team. Running against strong mobs that require CC
    unless you have already conjured hardest raids. Teamwork making it happen with smart mobs that patrol, are balanced groups and will even run for help.
    4-6 bosses.

2. heroic dungeons. Last boss gives you a heroic key that allows you to renter a deeper level of the dungeon with another 5-6 mobs. Get badges and last boss gives you an epic but the blue items are higher than normal runs.last boss drops another mythic key.

3. mythic dungeons.mythic would be the deepest part of the dungeon. It would require be a 10 man run, mobs require heavy CC and two tanks could only hold like 2-3 mobs each. While not as hard as say Kara was at first because they are not a raid in Karazhan fashion but bosses would have more interesting mechanics and by running these 10 man mythics you get epics with badges and a set of tier gear. Still only need 5-6 bosses and they could even be bosses you faced in normal and heroic that have been modified after their loss or given an item from last bosss making them stronger.
    I could even see situations where you fight two bosses at once with their mechanics from the earlier parts of the dungeon. And even giving them a mechanic that is used every now and then as synergy.
    As the progression path has become a bit convoluted with each expansion I believe this would be a great way to let players know, this is how you start gear progression and with rep, normal dungeons, then heroics and finally you enter mythic. The 10 man runs would eventually let you grab your first tier set. A .5 or tier 1 set that says your ready to raid hard content. Use this as and get rid of overall gear score to tell when people are ready as this gear would Helping you gear up for raids. Unlike now where Mythic is it’s own niche.
    It would also be nice to see classes go back to meeting X stats like uncrushable, x amount of healing and mana to know your ready where as an exact score is more like baseball stats and not Role Playing.

Basically making your mythics versions of UBRS and LBRS before nerfed to death. In the old days.

Just sounds like a way to have more fun and verity of content without 25 -50 keys for mythics. Also we players like RNG loot tables were things fall from a boss and it might finally be your chance and if nothing else you’re going to get a bage. Maybe they by recipes or trinkets or even let you guy an item to upgrade a trinket you love.
Just knowing your run isn’t a total loss is all we care about. Small but incremental upgrades will keep us coming back.

Last thing. Can we get an in game voice chat system that works as well as outside programs?

Go play classic.

It currently does.

3 Likes

Excuse me. My suggestion wasn’t to you. It was to blizzard and their dungeon design team and how to tell better stories through them. You can still just have heroic plus 200 with keys and keep doing exactly what you like. No one said you ever need to go any deeper with more people if that scares you so badly.
I do play both classics and live. I can tell you now that just constantly recycling content is fine for you. I’d like to see my game grow in new and better ways.
You just want mindless button mashing Diablo IV is coming for you.
Those of us that made this genre and the reason you play it is because we dreamed of it getting better and better with more in-depth gameplay. But to appeal to the masses instead it’s been dumbed down. Might as well give us 4 npc’s to enter dungeons with as easy as this stuff gets. I quit the mythic plus content because it’s just so unoriginal and devoid of substance. I know it’s still true every time I run into one of the players.

You posted in a public forum. This isnt the Blizzard hotline. Posting here means your audience is anyone who reads it.

Just cause you don’t like M+ doesn’t mean they need to overhaul everything to suite your needs and wants. There are many of us who enjoy the current M+ system.

I’m sure that’s what it was //

2 Likes

It was to this forum and that’s all players, baby. No one from blizzard is on this forum.

Why stop there?

3 Likes

I see you never played Cataclysm

this. there is an in-game chat. players just dont use it. they use it so little that they have no idea if it’s good or bad.

I’ve used it in the last month. No noticable difference from Discord. Even has chat heads to tell you who’s talking.

1 Like

I love long and engaging dungeons. It’s a ton of fun to play through and enjoy the experience. I know the comment below came off as a bit disparaging, but you actually can play dungeons designed like this in Classic right now if that’s your jam. There are some absolute gems in there. Finding a populated Classic realm can be a challenge these days though. There are people but most a lot in the leveling range. You might have better luck with Season of Mastery.

(For real though, even by today’s standards a full BRD clear is a blast!)

For the current iteration of the game though, I think a long, winding dungeon experience just doesn’t jive with the current reward-centric game design. Once every expac since Legion though, Blizzard has been releasing a mega dungeon. It only survives in that iteration for the patch it releases in (the next patch splits it into two M+ wings). It’s not what you’re after exactly, but it’s a longer dungeon experience and is pretty great. I really enjoyed the Legion and BfA one, but the SL one as a mega dungeon wasn’t my favourite. As M+ though they have really grown on me.

Anyway, I don’t think this format could replace the current dungeon format, but it would be a really nice side path that I would love to see. Unfortunately I don’t see Blizzard investing in something like this since it would probably take significant resources for fairly little result. This is why they ultimately moved away from dungeons like BRD. There are a few of us who love it, but most people don’t want to be in a dungeon group for 2+ hours without any guarantee of seeing the end.

I used it a bit back when it first game out. I think the quality is great, though I think Discord has done a lot of work with noise suppression that really differentiates it from its competitors these days. Still though, the built-in client is great… but it was just unfortunately late to the party.

I think Discord is still the go-to for most folks when in a group with one or more of their friends, but I do think Blizzard could take some steps to make people aware of the existence of the voice chat for PuG groups.

my bad, where do post directly to blizzard. and just because you add one thing doesn’t mean the other goes away. other guy acted as if his lovey mythic had to end because of it… I feel multiple ways to play the game fore different people is great. more story telling is great… been playing from day one. I loved mythic at first… then it got more and more repetitive. I didn’t want the ten man to be Karazhan level dungeon. something easier but if you wanted you could add mythic to it at well… why does 10 scare him so badly…

please. where do you post if for blizzard"???

Thank you. You seem to get where I was coming from. I’m not looking for huge ten man raids with 15 bosses. just something that progresses and adds tp tje story and the fun of the Dungeons. Never whats the difference if they hand out a +10 heroic key and it’s as hard as the Mythic and has same play method.
My dungeon Idea took nothing away. yet for some reason he just about lost his mind over it. Blizzards UBRS and LBRS I thought made great examples because they were harder yes, but not what you would call a raid.

I see you progressing down through each dungeon and it’s tied to an over all quest for the zone and dungeon and maybe even to the raid if it’s in the zone. just some more fun to be had with slightly larger but still small groups that could start earning you some low level raid gear. To give us a Progression path to walk.

1 Like

Here is fine. They were more commenting on the fact that you posted it in a public forum and so it automatically invites scrutiny from the masses. People can be… abrupt… around here, so take anything said with a grain of salt. There’s good discussion to be had, but you’ve gotta work for it. Folks sometimes get hung up over surface details :wink:

I think this would be a lot of fun, but you have to consider now-Blizzard’s point of view. The number of people who see and experience this content is lower than you or I might like. People like to jump in, get rewarded, and jump out. We might be hard pressed to see any content like this in the future… but absolutely expressing your preferences here is the right way to go about it!

I don’t really know how Blizzard can achieve this though… the gameplay has to be attractive enough that people want to do it, but not so lucrative that it replaces the current M+ system, which is what the majority of players seem to want.

Personally, I’d love to see Classic+ become a thing, with dungeons in the vein of BRD and BRS being designed and shipped as new content in an evolving version of Vanilla WoW that stays true to the design principles of that game. There is already a player base who likes that type of content, so it wouldn’t take away from what people have come to expect, and enjoy, from retail dungeons.

I understand it would take some effort. I wasn’t implying that they would be Raid level 10 man’s like say Karazhan was nor ZA. I mean the later tuned UBRS and LBRS. NOT NEAR THE ORIGINAL, maybe something built to the level of a level one or 2 mythic but just as a ten man. Two groups working together with fun boss’s. I know the fights would take tuning.
I could even see parts of a dungeon where your group gets on a large boat heading down a river, in a valley, at more open spots archers post up that have to be CC’d while boats come down with two a group in each boat. tossing hooks to board you. Maybe the hooks can be cut by dps if fast enough. and if not they board you while fighting as you CC archers trying to get past them as you kill the mobs. until the valley hits a section the archers can no longer move forward being blocked. or you can be hooked from the shore and dragged over. all kinds of fun interactions you can do that are challenging and yet built for 2 groups. be fun, have guild that run them help gearing people for higher content. just a direction to move for raiders while people that love Mythic normal can recycle the heroics as mythic +s. just an idea…

1 Like

I’d love 10 man mega dungeons but let’s only require one tank. Tanks are often the bottle neck to groups forming.

Nobody wants dungeons to become mini-raids and for enemies essentially be mini bosses every pull. That is just not enjoyable, why do you think everyone hated kings rest, every pull there was like this and nobody enjoyed it.

This would slow the gameplay of dungeons down far too much, nobody wants too be in a dungeon for over an hour while also taking potentially just as long to find 2 tanks 2 heals and 6 dps.

1 Like

as I said. not a raid… just something a bit more like UBRS or LBRS and in the end those where not raids… your thinking Karazhan. you can still have your Mythic plus raids because thats all they are… I know as I play them… just 5 man raids.
Your confusing deeper quest lines with karazhan. they could be single tank… by point was you could split needs and if rewards are good then people will do them… not to hard to get 5 people together… so if the rewards and fun is there guilds will do them. imo. wow has lost a lot over the years. no harm adding somethings that worked for those that liked it… no one is requited to play it… said you can still have your 5 man mythic plus loot box hopeful. I’d rather loot tables. one size doesn’t fit all, anyone thinking it does is just an idiot personally.

Kinda weird to assume those of us who do enjoy m+ haven’t been part of this genre since the early days.

I think the m+ model is great for dungeons, but I think the raiding model needs a revamp. And if they do rethink how raiding works, that would be the ideal place for 10-man scale content, not dungeons.

Also, if you want to know where to post for blizzard, it’s twitter and sometimes competitive wow reddit. These are just community forums to chat with other players.

it’s already a pain to find 5 people, now you want 10 again?

I’ll be honest, i think the more people the worst the game starts to get. I pretty much hate raiding because it’s scheduled like a job that you have to do 2-3 times a week.

mythic plus 5mans are the best thing that has happened to wow in a long time imo.

And yes, I have played wow since vanilla launch. To me, the 5 man content was always the best, and getting pre raid BIS was always the most fun, then the game just got boring and stale having to raid in order to progress your character.

1 Like