Dear Blizzard Art Team

Fantastic gear design and coloration for the past couple expansions!

I would like to make a request, if you have any down time between projects;

Can you update the gear pre Mists of Pandaria? Not trying to sound ungrateful, but the difference in detail, color saturation, and whatever pastel thing was going on in Cata is really, really striking and even the most simple updates would help loose gear find good sets to mesh with.

Like I’ve been trying to design a BloodTotem Sunwalker and I’ve settled on something that’s not over-the-top or under-the-bar; but I’ve noticed several potential combinations if the older gear had some current design love.

6 Likes

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: this would be the perfect project for players themselves to do if we could just mod texture files in the game.

3 Likes

The last time they did that, they called it a new tier entirely. As cool as I think it would be, that’s just probably not going to happen.

I don’t think the art team needs any more work. They already carry the game alongside the sound team as it is.

The only reason I bring it up is because it would be nice to have a uniform update so lighting effects are that and not highlights on the armor.

Oh, I agree, some of the older armour sets could do with a touch up same as some older weapons.

The modders for Skyrim would have spruced up old armor in like 5 minutes

2 Likes

Or removed it completely. SMH

I was going to say something snarky to the OP about being a plate wearer and how of course you have great looking armor. hehe… but I do have my pally.

I hope they do eventually get some time to go back an update the texture too. and I would LOVE to be able to work on it myself and share it. I love working with textures and 3d models

I vote YES for redone armor!!

And please. . . better mail sets? PLEASE?

It would be nice to get a graphics upgrade. Much of my favorite armor is Vanilla and Burning Crusade.

This is an even better idea. a Warcraft workshop if you will.

2 Likes

Op means well. Art team, we know how long you have hard carried wows development. Your backs must hurt so bad, carrying all that weight for so many years.

It would be a fun side project to update them but sadly this would probably never happen. Wish it could be like Warframe’s artist community thing where they vote for things that are created by people in the community gets put into the game.

Oh man, like the people recreating all the armor and weapons from Oblivion to put into Skyrim, for the Skyblivion mod they looked really good.