Dealing with terrain abusers

Is the only way to get something done with terrain abusers in BGs to send in tickets to the hacks email for classic? Generally curious. Right click reporting does nothing unless it’s done in huge numbers though i have been pushing that as well.

R&R is the 100% most effective way to report actions arent done immediatly it takes time to fix a exploit.

2 Likes

I’m assuming that stands for right click reporting? It might be the most effective but this has been going on for weeks with plenty of people saying they have reported the guy as well. Most effective in this instance seems terrifyingly ineffective.

They’re going to let him keep doing it until they are ready to deal with the exploit. He’ll get his punishment later.

4 Likes

About what i assumed but with classic they won’t deal with the exploit, it’ll just stay in.

Different teams

1 Like

Does retail have a team? Classic has 2 people and a hamster.

I can actually recall several threads both here and in the Classic forums where people were mad that they had been suspended for being in spots that avoid the guards.

It’s very much against the rules and they absolutely do action for it. Please do keep reporting :wink:

My understanding is that it’s the same team when it comes to GMs. Just different tool sets for the different games.

5 Likes

Yeah that makes perfect sense, you can’t please everyone and people think they have a right to do whatever they want in a lot of instances. I will, just annoying to have to keep asking people in battlegrounds to right click report the guy when every single time i’m met with “it does nothing”. It does! You just have to have a billion people do it so it goes up in priority. Thanks all the same.

if right click and reporting did nothing that 75k ban way wouldnt have happened.

I think most people are just sad at how incredibly long it takes to punish obvious cheaters nowadays. Blizzard (tencent) has really dropped the ball in customer support in a lot of ways and it’s not even the customer support teams fault. They just need more people, and i wish there was a better way to go about it than wait 2-3 months for someone who is cheating every single game to get removed.

Blizzards always hiring its not as easy as people think takes time and man power to find a bot break its program before teh bot creators get wise that blizzards onto them.

I’m not talking about a bot and they just fired like all of their support so please…no.

People really need to stop perpetuating that old lie. They never fired all of their support. In fact, the last layoff, like a year and a half ago, included zero CS staff.

4 Likes

Sigh why do people keep beliving this no CS staff was fired at all this was created by the people that want people to believe this falsehood and not report do a little research.

4 Likes

Yet earlier this month, they banned 74,000 accounts.

4 Likes

Well then i obviously fell into the believe the hype bs. That being said it still shouldn’t take 2-3 months to check on obvious cheaters.

Cheating (like path avoidance, getting to places you should be etc.) and botting are handled very differently. The former doesn’t tend to take nearly as long as the latter.

3 Likes

After how many months of them ruining everything? I’m not sure the company deserves a whole lot of praise for finally banning people that have been reported for 6 months.

Think its time to let this topic end were not getting anywhere.

2 Likes