Dead Server - Skeram - Solved - support has no clue

I resubbed in preparation for WOTLK Classic and found that my once thriving server, Skeram, had been completely emptied due to free transfers sometime in the past year. There are a total of 10 people online in the whole server.

I contacted support to see about a free transfer seeing my server is now unplayable. The only option is to spend $100+ on multiple transfers or to start over from scratch. I find this to be ridiculous. I immediately canceled my sub and am now getting a refund. I will not be returning from Wrath.

My suggestion is that the server should be shutdown and just let remaining players move to a server that isn’t completely dead. I don’t know how Blizzard thought it would be okay for everyone to switch server and then if you miss on that window then you are just screwed.

Needless to say I am upset and disappointed that Blizz would rather lose me as a customer than do what is right. It’s not like I’m switching server because of preference, I want to switch because you killed the server.

Support told me to post here so that maybe a developer could address this issue since they were unable to. Thanks for your time

2 Likes

transfers kill servers and never should have been implemented in the first place. Realm connections are a much healthier alternative.

3 Likes

Yea, they already killed the server with transfers so now they need a fix for people stuck on the dead server. I would be okay with realm connections. Anything so that I can have a server with an economy and people to raid/pvp with.

If you are/were prepping for Wrath in TBCC on Skeram you are eligible for free transfer.

Skeram is on that list.

“All of the realms in the list above currently have Free Character Transfers available to multiple active destination realms. We strongly encourage you to take advantage of the Free Transfers prior to August 9 to choose your destination. Utilizing this service will move your characters quickly and will allow you to avoid being subject to the automatic migration on August 9.”

I hope this helps and if you decide not to return I wish you happy gaming wherever you go.

Theres free transfers off your server bud, did your rage blind you to the obvious?

I’m not raging, when i asked for free server they said it was not possible…

It’s very possible. Go to your character select screen, click shop in the bottom lext. Click free transfer.

Sounds like a case of not very smart or informed support.

Let’s all take a moment to laugh at this fool for not seeing very clearly, that FREE CHARACTER TRANSFER is right next to the paid option, actually it’s 1st as in it’s BEFORE the paid option… also, i just want to laugh at you for saying Skeram was a thriving server, it was 99.9% horde…that’s a pve server pretending to be pvp, how is that thriving? Some people have to be reminded to breathe, literally.

1 Like