De Other Side(Spoilers)

You know there’s lead up to the dungeon right

Perhaps the reason Mueh’zala uses Bwonsamdi is because of his lack of worshipers. Empower Bwon to collect souls for him, while Bwon gets some power from direct worship.

Now that he has become elevated through his deal with Rastakhan, he might have enough power to turn the tables on his boss.

1 Like

This is interesting as it is implied that Milhouse had something to do with his wife’s arrest and imprisonment within the Violet Hold. He even yells at us for “freeing” her.

I wonder what caused Milhouse to have a change of heart.

1 Like

There have been some characters that survive a boss encounter and have yet to return at all.

Goriona from the Warmaster Blackhorn encounter for example.

That said, I think blizzard might bring Hakkar back. Hopefully they do him better than they did with Anub’arak back in Wrath.

1 Like

twooo wuv, mawwage

There is a thread on “In development” forums :

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/de-other-side-feedback/560546

Maybe the power of likes will do something.

6 Likes

Good point.

Completely forgot about her.

It seems Sylvanas sent us to Zandalar just to get us to strike a deal with Bwomsamdi so that Mueh’zala could get more Souls to the Maw more quickly.

According to Blizzard the Souls go to the Spirit Healer Portion of the Afterlife until the Spirit Healer grabs them. Since Bwomsamdi is the Spirit Healer of Zandalar the Troll Souls aren’t going to the Maw unless marked by Bwomsamdi’s deals or grabbed by Bwomsamdi.

How convenient that Azshara’s accomplice Zul made his move in a way that forced Bwomsamdi to make a move that followed the Jailer’s plan… Also very convenient that the Blood Trolls forced Bwomsamdi to strike a bargain with the Horde Player.

I wonder just how early Sylvanas struck her bargain with Azshara…

In the end it seems everyone but N’Zoth, Gorak Tul, Magni, Wrathion and the Alliance was working towards Zovaal the Jailer’s goals(if reluctantly on Saurfang, Baine, Azshara and Bwomsamdi’s parts) in BfA.

That was me! You’re welcome :slight_smile:
Interesting to not that it’s in one piece and not burned like Bwonsamdi did to the feather he took out

But maybe this means that Rastakhan is stuck in the Maw, and Bwon boi just put it there in memory of his friend, since he probably knows that he can’t go to the Maw and save him

Also, the Lore in De Other Side makes less sense than King Crimson. Plus, since Mueh’zala messes with space/reality, it makes him like King Crimson lol

1 Like

The Lore makes it look the Jailer had an Unspoken Plan Guarantee(having everyone do a specific job while not telling them what the other allies’ jobs are or the other allies’ identities until the big event) thing going on.

1 Like

Mueh’zala being the boss makes no sense

It completely breaks everything we knew about troll afterlife so far

3 Likes

I’m not really mad that they did that, since it’s been a theory of mine ever since we’ve heard of De Other Side. It’s a better choice to me than the Winter Queen or the robotic Arbiter, both who I’m not a fan of . However, they could be creative and make up a whole new Loa that’s good/neutral to be Bwonsamdi’s boss.

Bwonsamdi: True love… now ain’t dat sweet? Ol’ Bwonsamdi be havin’ his share of romance back in his day. Heh… more den his share!

I’m very intrigued about this.

2 Likes

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I knew it lol. Bwonsamdi’s thirsty…

How many girlfriends has Bwonsamdi had? And did he have a ‘thing’ with Eyir?
This also makes his ‘Death Gate’ quote sound really… yeah

1 Like

i still think bwonsamdi is a mortal where became a loa.

My god is Hakkar’s ‘appearance’ embarrassing.

He doesn’t do anything, has no actual impact on the story, and then gets killed off again only for Blizzard to have the gall to say, “HE’LL RETURN AGAIN SOME DAY!!!”

gtfo.

One of the biggest questions left unanswered in regard to Troll lore and they both ignore him in BfA when we return to Zandalar and then in Shadowlands he has no role at all in the storyline except for being a boss in a dungeon who does nothing except be revealed to be weaker than Bwonsamdi and then dies?

Yikes.

5 Likes

I’m not sure why anyone is surprised that Hakkar doesn’t do anything. He is a loa we already defeated. We interrupt his spa vacay to get back some mojo for our pal bwon. If he is relevant again it will probably be if some gurubashi find a way to bring him around in the material world again.

Because he wasn’t a random loa.

He was an ancient evil that almost completely destroyed the Zandalari Empire in ancient history that was considered a planetary threat twice (Vanilla and Cataclysm).

Hakkar isn’t like Akunda who was taken down by a single troll poisoning a water pond, he nearly destroyed the Zandalari Empire at one of its peaks without him even being summoned himself, just his corrupted blood. And stopping him from being summoned essentially crippled both the Zandalari and the Gurubashi Empires.

He deserved more than sitting in a dungeon doing nothing and then dying again after they ignored him in BfA.

13 Likes

You left out the “and then we killed him.”

He totally had a fling (an immortal’s fling is probably ages) with Eyir, and that’s why she hates him. Eyir probs thought they were exclusive and Bonny didn’t, causing some major drama. Communication is important, people!

8 Likes