Day 4 Demonology is still overnerfed

Today I will focus on the subjective:
It is a largely held opinion by more than just myself that the playstyle, rotation, and talents of Demonology makes it the most engaging specs in Wow right now. It’s also one of the most complicated to play even decently.

Talents and traits have Major impact on how your toon plays, which if you look at affliction for contrast, is a major deal with how dull that spec is.

Logically, a spec that Sims super high should be tougher to play to realize its potential. Which is a big contributing factor as to why the best players were able to parse so highly. The spec allowed you to shine.

Now the specs lack of reward for what is now even less intuitive than it was, still lags behind affliction and destruction in raid content in nearly every fight type.

Again, the bugs needed fixed, but Explosive Potential did not need nerfed as well. All that did was remove fun and a smoother rotational flow.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing.

Everytime you demo players at the top of the chart, please remember this.

8 Likes

Again,

Why bother redesigning the spec for BfA is this is still true?

BM hunters would like a word…
Have you been nerfed for 3 weeks in a row? No? Alright. You should be good.

1 Like

Reread my post. Bm is mobile and super easy to maximize.

I am sorry, I refuse to say the obvious after your reply. I will NOT fight with someone clearly in pain.
But NO.

Edit.: may azeroth and the earth mother have mercy of your soul for your statement.

It is always amusing seeing a lock complain about nerfs while they always have at least 1 spec in the tops. Just switch to Affliction as they are in the tops (for raiding anyways). Meanwhile, mage says hi sitting with 1 spec in the middle of the pack and the other 2 bottom 3.

Maybe on single target Sims. But aff is a niche spec in raids. Destro is stronger in BoD in reality.
Also locks have no decent m+ spec now.

They literally nerfed one trait. You still have umbral blaze and shadow bite, Demo still have some great azerite traits.

No the spec was propped up by two bugs and a trait. The bug fixes we’re big-time nerfs. Trait nerf was unneeded and it’s still our best trait.

By always 1 you mean Aff lock right? Since they’ve been the top lock spec for like 4 straight years now. Maybe not everyone wants to play aff lock. Maybe the other specs deserve a time to shine for a change

1 Like

Aff isn’t top in BoD and is useless in any m+ key.

1 Like

1st I’m on your side trying to defend that other warlock specs deserve to shine

2nd in both mythic and heroic at the 75% parse aff locks are the top lock spec

Destro is miles ahead of aff other than on Mekkatorque.

1 Like

In mythic aff leads parses on CoL, Grong, Rhast, Mekk and stormwall

A few others they’re almost dead even

Probably why aff is parsing overall better. So “miles ahead” is highly inaccurate

Oh no… the 2nd best spec in the raid that has two other specs in the top 4 specs in the raid… whatever shall you do with your bugged trait getting fixed?

trait wasnt bugged, the spec itself was due to felguard energy regen which Blizz claimed they fixed in 8.1 but didnt

It has been four days, they will need to collect data to see the trend and determine if the DPS is lower than intended. Then some time to decide the best way to adjust it back up, test and deploy it. There are specs that go half an expansion waiting for their day in the sun.

1 Like

post is about demo