Dave Kosak is leaving Blizzard

It’s his literal linkedin lol

genuinely baffled at how none of you apparently have an account

I’m genuinely baffled why you posted a gif instead of a screenshot.
https://i.imgur.com/IyAdIU9.jpg

1 Like

I do have one. I just never used it much because my career prospects were short lived. University isn’t what it used to be.

1 Like

I’ve had the same comfortable job for a decade. Don’t remember my password. Don’t care enough to reset it.

It’s not relevant to me so I don’t have an account /shrug

Just for you I made a throwaway account and can confirm it lists his Blizz career from March 2004 to Jun 2020 while other Blizz employees are listed as their start date to “Present” so take that as you will because new websites are scary and I don’t understand them.

1 Like

https://i.imgur.com/IwW1Hxc.png

smh!

3 Likes

I wonder what kind of hostile takeover is happening at Blizzard where Alex Afrasiabi left his sweet check.

3 Likes

I just want to take the time to say I’m glad I use a dark mode extension because the normal internet is way too freakin’ bright.

1 Like

Surprise, the Sylvanas plotline was actually a cry for help, the players were supposed to raid Blizz HQ and K Word the CEO dude that speaks in monotone with millions of dollars in income while laying off hundreds of employees internationally

2 Likes

I feel like the last 10+ or so posts could have been avoided if you had just led with this, lmao.

3 Likes

Much less fun

Blizzard isn’t the same company anymore. After you have a decade or two of experience, why not start up your own little company, doing what you enjoy instead of what is mandated by the stock holders. Seems to be what most of the original and veteran Blizzard members are doing.

5 Likes

Case and point: the absolute mess that was Reforged wouldn’t have happened under a Blizzard who delayed a game so much they missed an entire console generation.

2 Likes

The pay gap at Blizzard was huge. The Olde Guarde, whom Afrasiabi was a member, were paid far better than basically everyone else. Starting up a business costs money, and I mean after a while I guess you’d have more money than God, but idk. The easy paycheck seems alluring to me over the risk of failing the new business.

“was”

*stares at the ongoing strike in EU Blizzard *

*looks at who they had left to make shadowlands announcements, with their extreme monotone and absolutely non-camera-friendly voice and mannerisms *

Hmmm.

Yeah no I have a feeling Blizzard is going to hell in a handbasket in terms of administrative/management functionality.

Well, I meant that for some of the really old guys, like Morhaime and Metzen, others just flock to the companies they are starting up.

There also comes a point you are sick of seeing the projects you worked on for so long take a direction you don’t care for and you don’t have much say in changing it. Why stick around, for a paycheck? Maybe, but comes a point when you start looking elsewhere.

But like Baal said, seems a lot of the folks in higher positions are those that make Activision happy. The company seems like its trying to cash out, just look at the Hearthstone battlepass.

3 Likes

I said was because he left, not that it isn’t currently.

Agree with the rest of your post and Cytriss’s though.

1 Like

Activision wants money so the Story that Writers want is irrelevant in comparison to the story the Players want!

The company will probably look at Video Games from other Fiction for Zone Design…

What do these Video Games have of interest?

From GW we have: Maguuma Jungle, Crystal Desert, Kaineng City, Jade Sea, Echovald Forest, the Desolation, Domain of Pain, Domain of Fear and the Depths of Madness.

From the Mana Franchise we have: Lampbloom Woods, Crystal Desert, Ice Country and Kakkara Desert!

From WoW’s Subzones that they might wish to expand into whole Zones(as they did with Scourgeholme into Maldraxxus): Caverns of Time, the Blue Dragonflight Territories and Blademoon Bloom…

Great. He never added anything good to the WoW franchise and it got better when he stopped being influential.

1 Like

From MyMindWontQuiet

MyMindWontQuiet

https://twitter.com/MyMindWontQuiet

So it looks like afrasiabi retired.

and Danuser is the new overlord of lore per say.

Not super surprising with the direction the lore has been going with.

7 Likes