Darkshore general chat missing

The outdoor zone, not the warfront. Was going to see if anyone wanted to kill rares in darkshore, but there is no general chat right now.

2 Likes

have you tried /resetchat i think. or /joingeneral

1 Like

I had this happen the other day as well. General Chat is greyed out in the Chat Settings despite being ticked as available for that tab.

1 Like

I seriously wish you luck getting this fixed. I’ve had this bug for months now with my Silvermoon City chat being disabled. Nothing I do repairs it. I’ve did a complete fresh install of the game and it has gotten me nowhere.

Have any of you filed a bug report? Especially when it’s happening? QA doesn’t take bug report from the Customer Support forum.

I’m having the same issue.

Edit: I’m also having an issue where if I’m in a group, sometimes rares are phased so that I can’t see them or the player in my group attacking them.

That can happen if you are not in the same War Mode state (on vs. off) as your group members.

No, we were both in War Mode. I had just killed a rare with them and we grouped, flew over to the next one and they vanished. We could talk in party chat, but couldn’t see each other and I couldn’t see the rare they were killing. We didn’t show as phased on the party bar on the left hand side of the screen either.

This is also happening in Borean Tundra.

Not in a party, etc. I have no General Chat for Darkshore or Borean Tundra (and god knows how many other zones) Anyone I come across I whisper, and none of them have it either.

Really makes finding help when Horde attack my low level druid hard. :confused:

1 Like

I would like to add that I also been having this problem in Darkshore AND Borean Tundra, The General chat and LocalDefense channels in these zones are both missing. I have tried resetting chat, typing in /join General and verifying the game files but nothing has worked.

1 Like

Having this issue too as well as the last time we, Horde had “possession” of Darkshore, on both my 120’s too. I’ve disabled addons and reset chat all to no avail. HAs anyone had ANY luck in remedying this? Can be annoying trying to find a quick, small group for a rare etc…

I’m afraid not. I’ve found that most of the Northrend zones are not working correctly either :confused: