Darkmoon Faire Improvements

I think making Darkmoon Island bigger, more things to do and even some kinda dungeon would be sick. It’s such a cool concept (DMF) and there is so much more they could do with it.

7 Likes

I went to the DMF for the first time in years. It looked about the same, except for the roller coaster which I thought was very well done, down to the clickety-clack while going up an incline. I rode it several times. It made me want to go to Six Flags!

Good suggestions for improving DMF!

3 Likes

My only criticism of the roller coaster is it’s too short. That last drop right into the station would realistically kill a person to drop that much momentum in an instant.

But i love zooming the camera to first person view for the ride. Make it longer and then let it go until you stop it (people can use the Carousel if its to long for them)

2 Likes

More and proved DMF is always a good idea!

2 Likes

Thank you all!

I would love to hear any other thoughts on improvements.

Bring back the portal to Thunder Bluff from Org. :roll_eyes:

“jUsT pOrt To duZuRr’aLuRRR thEn OrG”

There used to be a port to TB directly from Org. Why was it removed?

1 Like

faire needs to be up a hell of a lot longer then it is. 2 weeks out of the month rotating every other week or up for good.

The Darkmoon Faire announces in the cities can port you directly to the Thunderbluff entrance.

As a side note, in general I agree they should add that port again.

Reeeally, you think I wouldn’t know the DMF mages have ported for a fee for years when I’ve been playing long enough to miss the TB port? :no_mouth:

The placement of the DMF mage in Org is particularly obnoxious for lowbies (lookin at you, claustrophobic elevators). They need to fix their introduced inconvenience and be consistent with ports (i.e., bring back Thunder Bluff and Ironforge). Says it all: Stop removing portals

Back to the spirit of the thread:

• they should add the higher ranks of heirloom upgrades to the DMF vendor.
  • mmmaybe add cosmetic DMF-palette recolors of mage tower looks (a la the T3 treatment). I say recolors so folks don’t get all ragey about mage tower prestige.
1 Like

The last time I did that I logged into the DMF entry location below Thunder Bluff. Granted this was many years ago.

Honestly, I’d like to see more collectables like mounts and cosmetics that can be fished up :slight_smile: Or maybe another treasure hunt…

I have always wanted DMF to be a rest zone.

Actually, bringing back content that was removed and adding it as a prize would be AMAZING.

1 Like

Meta achievement that awards you the title The Greatest Showman with a ring master transmig outfit.

DMF now relevant again with zero effort. You’re welcome.

The buff you get off the roller coaster or merry go around…should be longer then 1 hour…it should be at least 12hr and persist though death…its a royal pita to keep having to go back there to get the buff again when your in middle of quests and the buff runs out…

2 Likes

Seeing as at the Faire currently, There is still multiple tent’s that state they are “Under Construction” still. I can see Blizzard adding more features in the future to the Faire.

This would be cool. I wouldn’t mind a Darkmoon Faire dungeon added to the island. Make it only available during the Faire however. Not to mention, Have some cool exclusive rewards you could get from it too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That last drop is supposed to be the first hill, it’s going backwards :crazy_face:
Listen to the goblins , they even comment on it.

1 Like

One ring to rule them all. I know its there, it must be, I suspect it only appears when you have all the other rings, because if there is not an achievement for getting all the rings in the Firebird’s Challenge my brain will explode.

I even dived into the cave where the rabbit spawns a second before time ran out. No ring.
I know its out there…

Actually, on Saturday I actually saw that text for the first time. Usually I go 1st person with no ui showing. It did make sense

i’d like an account-bound toy which lets us port there!
(yes, i’m lazy)

Yeah, when it first started everyone was saying “LOL it’s running backwards!”.
So instead of fixing it to go the right way, they added to the dialog of the goblins.
Great way to laugh at themselves.

Not even gonna say lazy – efficient!
would be soooo much easier than: buff about to expire – > port to capital city --> fly to faire port --> ride to faire --> jump on ride --> run to port back to faire port /hearth --> get back to quest area