Darkmoon Fair Buff Griefers

It’s not PvP - its event disruption and griefing. Reroll to a learn to read human.

1 Like

First time playing vanilla?

13 Likes

Welcome to vanilla :slight_smile:

If you can’t handle it there are other versions such as retail and wotlk.

Hahaha i think that was the first time someone posted the same comment as me at same time! xD

1 Like

It’s none of the things you said it is…you are clearly new lol. Blizzard won’t do anything, and they shouldn’t.

4 Likes

If I recall purposefully constantly doing nothing but dispelling people with world buffs and or camping NPCs connected to events was an actionable offense. The event is darkmoon fair and you’re causing it’s disruption by standing by the NPC and attacking/dispelling people. Thus event disruption.

There should be fair guards to prevent this or maybe the people who intentionally grief should be banned.

1 Like

While I don’t advocate for dispelling world buffs from players, and I personally find it to be griefing, not “PvP behavior,” there was a precedent set three and a half years ago when a priest was not just dispelling world buffs, but (allegedly) specifically targeting a streamer repeatedly to dispel just that individual’s world buff, the priest was banned, and the ban was overturned when people claimed streamers were getting special treatment.

If they overturned the suspension for someone who was not just dispelling world buffs from any random person, but for someone who was (again, allegedly) specifically targeting an individual to repeatedly remove their world buffs, I doubt they care about world buffs being dispelled from random players, especially when you have to be on a PvP server or flag for PvP for this to work.

Again, I’m not a fan of the choice, but there’s already precedent set that if you roll on a PvP server, this is some of the BS you’ll have to deal with.

6 Likes

Removing buffs on a player of the opposing faction is not griefing.
You’re silly.

5 Likes

My favorite part of people playing on a PvP server is people crying about PvP stuff happening on a PvP server. Especially after the devs warned repeatedly that PvP things will be happening all over on the PvP server. Almost as tasty as lib tears.

6 Likes

Isn’t DM faire in home zones? PvP is off by default.

You need to /target the NPC by name and use the “interact with target” keybind to avoid clicking on flagged players.

They are on a PVE server, there is just people flagging and standing on top of the NPC so if you try and click you attack them and get flagged and die to gaurds.

I think a 48 hour timeout is warranted for people doing to try and trick people who specifically played on a server that doesn’t have world PVP to flag themselves and die to guards with their buffs.

2 Likes

They still havent even fixed Ratchet. You land and 5-10 people just instantly attack all alliance characters. I doubt they will change this.

Pvp happened on pvp server

4 Likes

This is pvp happening on a pvp server.

4 Likes

greifing world buffs is a time honored tradition since 2019 if not 2005

5 Likes

we are already getting boons and new world buffs, and people still cant be happy with that and now want permanent free world buffs without any conflict. gtfo outta the forums if you cant handle in a modicum of friction in an MMO.

This is what you get for rolling on a PvP server. Just wait until 60 when you can’t even zone into MC or BWL without dying or losing your buffs,

2 Likes

Its in Elywn Forest currently, which means Alliance is protected but can freely open on Horde players on a PvP Server.
Horde ppl can attack back after they got attacked first.

1 Like

PvP happening on a PvP server

1 Like

I hate to have to say it, but the sooner you realize that “PvP” servers are “griefing and ganking” simulators, the better off you’ll be. Fair and engaging open world PvP is a myth. It’s sad, but its the world we live in.

3 Likes

Tldr: pvp happened on pvp server.

2 Likes