Dark Ranger features for Blood Elves

That sounds pretty good. My warrior could do with red eyes.

5 Likes

Dark rangers and San’layn have been popular requests to be player options for a while now. BfA in particular feels like it introduced a lot of potential to tie in with either of them for the Horde. I’ll be honest, at this point I’m not picky which way it goes, I’d just like to see red eyes available for our characters.

Blood elves have red eye options in their files now, though for NPCs of course, but I would really like to see them unlocked as a customization in the future. Whether it’s baseline or through a quest chain, I think it would give players a way to enjoy those features without the need to create a whole new race around them. I also feel there’s some interesting potential with Revendreth in Shadowlands, considering some of the important blood elf characters who will show up there.

Shadowlands feels like it’s opening up a lot of player choice when it comes to their character appearances, this is just another request I’d love to see become a reality.

9 Likes

Why would rotting skin be a feature of an expansion that deals with afterlife? Shadowlands is a destination for the spirit/soul not the body.

1 Like

That’s a fair point! I’m guessing all the Dark Rangers left behind by Sylvanas might still be a part of the Horde. With the Scourge playing a huge role in the pre-patch maybe some freshly risen Rangers would work too.

1 Like

Slowkeg beat me.

But to further emphasize-
The Dark Rangers were a considerably sized portion of risen elves - it would make sense for them to become a playable customization given how the story has lead so far, especially now that they are most likely (even if reluctantly) settling as part of The Horde.

I’d even accept if it was just an option for the Undead race!
I just want my spooky hunter. ; = ;

4 Likes

We have a thread going for this here:

However, yes to the OP, halfway agreed. They’d make infinitely more sense as their own race, but as with 99% of sub race requests, we’ll settle for customization over no race at all, even if it makes little sense.

5 Likes

I don’t mean to turn away from the current topic but your transmog is great, Zurogrusel!

1 Like

Oh, I know :wink:
Plus, I’m an orc, no need to remind me I am fabulous.

For reals though, thanks, I’m really proud of this one, it’s my best.

Having these options would be a massive moment of rejoicing for many in the community, including myself.
Even if (I’m not saying this is how I’d want it) they were limited to BE Hunters and Rogues, I’d still be incredibly thankful.

Dark Rangers are something my friends and I have wanted for years and years, and now would be a splendid time for the options to be available.

4 Likes

thanks for pointing out the other thread! the more support the better :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Give Balesong some love from old Zuro.

1 Like

They are still part of the Horde. If you’ve beaten N’zoth and witnessed the Horde Council form, Dark Ranger Velonara will be at the embassy. Talking to her will bring up this conversation.

“We dark rangers were fiercely loyal to Sylvanas. We trusted her… followed her commands.
It is clear that our loyalty was never truly reciprocated.
Some of my sisters and brothers have chosen to remain at the Dark Lady’s side. I, and many others, have not.
<Velonara’s expression becomes steely. Determined.>
I refuse to be a slave to this torment.
Both the sin’dorei and Forsaken are my kin. I stand with them, and with the Horde.”

I wished I could like your post but, alas, I’m out of likes.

3 Likes

Give me my pale dead skin and red eyes please. It doesn’t make any sense to not have this option. We know there are undead elves in the Horde. Give us them.

3 Likes

Sign me up!

https://i.imgur.com/jrVuRbdl.jpg

Dark ranger/undead elf customization options wouldn’t be bad. That would scratch the san’layn/dark ranger itch we’ve been having.

1 Like

I got an idea for how they get implemitended. So a certain group of Blood elfs venture into the land of the Venthyr they like the life style and they decided to let themself get bitten to get the vampire curse. TADA san’layn option

1 Like

Screw it why not, you know what im down with this idea and here is why

Any thing that will stop blizzard from adding another class/race and or hero class, this is a great way to do that.

1 Like

Literally makes 0 sense. That means dark ranger paladins would be a thing because lore doesn’t matter, yay! What’s next lightforged draenei warlocks?

I mean, there’s Lightforged Draenei Death Knights which makes zero sense

1 Like

Wrong, they make 100% sense. Only requirement to be raised is to die. Doesn’t matter how much light energy was pumped into them. if they’re dead they’re game. There’s no argument for undead dark ranger skins. We don’t have a dark ranger class so no.