Dark Portal to Outlands not working

Still an issue as of today (2/1/21).

1 Like

march 7, 2021… still not working. I dont go through it and out the other side, i just run into it like a wall from either side, whether flying or walking. something is seriously wrong. just trying to level low battle pets that get one shot by level 25s lol why you gotta make it so hard blizzard? #smallindiecompany

2 Likes

May 1st, annual bump I guess. Can this be fixed, please?
Tried to relog, zone out, walk, fly, all that good stuff.

5/23/21

The portal works from Blasted Lands to Outland (when Zidormi is in the proper phase)
The portal does NOT work from Outland to Blasted Lands.

5/28/21

Portal still does not work in Hellfire Peninsula. Cannot return to the Blasted Lands.

This has been bugged and a blue acknowledged it two years ago–still not fixed.

Small indie dev company.

2 Likes

maybe because they don’t see it as a dire issue that needed to be addressed ASAP, because there’s portals in Stormwind/Orgrimmar that take you to Shattrath, plus a portal to Hellfire Peninsula in at least two cities that can take you directly where you need to or desire to go? :confused:

Where are these portals to Hellfire Peninsula of which you speak?

Pathfinder’s Den in Org: nooope, never has been that I know of.

downstairs room of Pathfinder’s Den: noooope, never has been that I know of.

Cleft of Shadows in Org: used to be, but that hasn’t been there in a few years.

Maybe Ally side has these convenient portals to Hellfire Peninsula? Even if so, this comment completely misses the point: it used to be convenient to go from Blasted Lands to Hellfire Peninsula. Many, many players used to enjoy this convenience and would like to have it back again. If you are already in Blasted Lands and want to go to Hellfire Peninsula, having to go all the way back to Stormwind to take that hypothetical portal wouldn’t really be so convenient after all, now would it.

Still bugged as of 12-24-2021. Can’t exit Outland trough the Dark Portal after being teleported to Hellfire Peninsula from NPC in the Orgrimmar portal room (near portal to Shattrath)

1 Like

I appreciate being told about that NPC because I didn’t realize. So getting to Hellfire Peninsula from capital city is actually easy (presuming Ally have a similar NPC). Getting to Blasted Lands, still a pain because the portal is defunct.

the problem is, you’re phased into the Draenor version of Blasted Lands (I.E. Iron Horde invasion) so you’d have to speak to Zidormi in order to actually phase into the pre-invasion version of the Blasted Lands.

its an absolute pain, but it seems they’re more concerned about “other things” than fixing issues.

Horde side, there is a portal to Hellfire in the Magic Quarter of Undercity - right by where you land when you portal there from Silvermoon City when Tirisfal Glades is set in the past. (You used to arrive above the city in the Ruins of Lordaeron near the portal to Silvermoon - no longer sadly.)
Alliance have a similar vestigial portal on the ground floor of The Temple of the Moon in Darnassus.
So, use ZIdormi to visit the past of a dead city, to get to an old expansion? Frankly, not a very useful option, but it does exist.

---- Edit ----
As of 9.0.2, Blizzard changed the behavior of the Thrallmar Mage/Honor Hold Mage, and they now take you directly to the Hellfire side of the Dark Portal. No portal, but simply talk to the appropriate mage to get to Hellfilre Peninsula. You may have to pick up Hero’s Call: Outland! (Alliance) / Warchief’s Command: Outland! (Horde) before the mage will talk to you. Both quests require level 10. The mages will continue to portal you after you complete the quest.

For Horde, Thrallmar Mage on the lower level of the Pathfinder’s Den in Orgrimmar.
For Alliance, Honor Hold Mage is standing just inside the Mage Tower in Stormwind, before you climb the stairs.

How it has been working for a while now is you talk to chromie to take BC Chromie time. She gives you a quest that tells you to talk to the mage standing in front of the Shattrath portal, who sends you to an instanced version of the Dark Portal. You run through the portal and are in HFC.

If you actually took the Shattrath portal, you can take a flight from the flightmaster in Shattrath to your base in HFP.

2022 and still not fixed.

Maybe “fixed” in Dragonflight pre-patch… well, if you want to go from Blasted Lands to Hellfire Peninsula. Just if you wanna go the other way (for me anyway) it isn’t working. Whichever time / phase Blasted Lands is in. Flying, walking, leaping or otherwise galavanting into the portal… :confused:

1 Like

Welp, been decades since using the dark portal but had a reason to try and do so. My wife and I were headed to Kharazan. Teleported to Undercity which has a portal that takes you to Hellfire Peninsula. From there, we were going to use the portal to short cut to Blasted Lands to avoid taking the zeps but instead when trying to use the HP Dark Portal we were met with a solid brick wall.

1 Like