Dark Portal Hearthstone

This item is part of the Deluxe Edition of TBC. What does it do? The announcement just says it “provides a unique visual effect”.

Is it just your normal hearthstone, but now it looks different? Or is it an added hearthstone? If added, where does it hearth to? Does it have its own cooldown?

In retail, I found it useful to have 3 hearthstones (normal, Dalaran and Garrison). If this feature adds another place to hearth to (and another cooldown), I might get it.

But if it just adds visual effects to my one hearthstone, I won’t bother.

1 Like

It’s just a visual effect.

it basically just makes it so a mini replica of the dark portal appears around you as you hearth, and it should share a cd with your normal hs. its functionally the same as the normal hearthstone, just looks different.

Wait.

So it isn’t a hearthstone that sends you to the Dark Portal?

Then it wouldn’t be a hearthstone. It’d be a dpstone or something

2 Likes

No. It’s a 2nd hearthstone that when used, makes a dark portal effect around you then hearths you.

1 Like

Assuming it functions the exact same as the one from OG TBC, it has a 30 min CD instead of an hour. But otherwise it’s just your hearth with a cool visual.

I don’t know why I thought what I did lol :sweat_smile: it’s clearly described to be as exactly how you just described it.

Yeah no worry. Probably the way it was pictured.
Both that hearth stone and the firey walk animation toy are things that came from TBC era TCG rewards from rare cards. Which are the primary reasons no one is complaining about them as they did exist back then.

huh… i thought it might port you to the portal as well. That would be nice for if your hearthstone was down and you had to fly to blasted lands to get back to outland.

I haven’t really looked at the perks for it though. I’m just eyeing that mount for my draenei so I don’t have to buy a mount or riding and I also avoid the elephant.

The sad part is when I bought the deluxe edition it was worded that it appeared to be for either retail only or TBC classic and retail but is only TBC classic.
This for me is annoying and disappointing.
Disappointing, because I really wanted for retail only.
Annoying, because now I have lost bag slots to the stone, (easily rectifiable by deleting hearthstone I guess) and the imp ball and the mount.
The deluxe edition already gives you a boost that comes with a mount…so now 2 mounts in your bags/bank.
I personally didn’t want it for TBC classic as even on an RP server it would seem to have very little use to justify loosing bag slots.
However on retail since this would not waste bagslots the toy items could be useful and fun. I felt like having the items on retail would make the purchase justifiable but not if TBC classic only.
I don’t think I will be able to get Blizzard to remove my boost and refund the purchase. Maybe remove the items and partially refund the purchase to the boost only price?
In either case I would not recommend it unless you really want the items in TBC classic. As you have to speak to an innkeeper through a quest to get these items and the way the itemization is listed on the purchase upgrade tab it isn’t very clear.

1 Like

Look stupid, mostly.

1 Like

And thats the best part, its obnoxious. Other than that there is no benefit to it, it shares the CD with your normal hearth and goes to the same place. But, you can use it and spin in place, and that’s great.

1 Like

It just adds a dumb and annoying visual that’s people spam breaking immersion.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.