Dark Portal does not Portal

(Yes I am in lvl 60 Blasted Lands, I have tried reload, others are definitely having the problem, we are all waiting for our Hearths now…)
Quest - To Outland!
Part - “Go through the Dark Portal”
Issue - Dark Portal seems to have forgotten how to portal. There are like 10 people trying to go through the damn thing. Can you call up Medhiv and get him to work on this. I don’t want to have to do the Black Morass thing again. Last time that got a bit messy.

2 Likes

Same issue here. Tried at level 58, now 59, still can’t get through the portal. Saw numerous Horde and Alliance both having the issue. Can’t take the Hellfire portal in Stormwind since it was removed.

And yes, I know I can probably take the portal to Shattrath (Can I? Haven’t tried yet), but that’s kind of ridiculous to have to take the portal and then backtrack when you are trying to follow the main quest lines linearly. Also, it’s tough going in at 58 without flying and then having to hoof it from Shattrath all the way to the Stair of Destiny just to pick up the breadcrumb quests.

Hope this gets fixed today before I get home. Just got to lvl 60 on new character and want to keep going :slight_smile:

I didn’t see this thread before I posted my own, apparently! Having the same issue on my level 60 Zandalari Paladin. Dark Portal won’t work.

EDIT: Just tested it, and the Shattrath portal works at level 60, so for now I guess we can use that as a work-around until the Dark Portal is fixed. Probably best to get to 60 first though so you have flying and can fly to Hellfire Peninsula rather than walk the whole way.

This is apparently in a known issues article, so they’re aware.

As an additional alternative you can go to Northrend to level 60-80 there instead.