Dark Iron Dwarf Rp on Dwarf

Heyo.

I’m eyeing doing a dwarf who’s is half dark iron and wild hammer but identifies as Dark iron yet won’t have the ashy skin and glowing eyes. I know this can be canon but HOW canon is a character like this?

As far as I know - The only non-looking dark iron we have is Moira and she married into the clan at that.

would it be plausible for two dark-iron dwarfs to have a non-DI looking baby?

I somewhat doubt this, but given we have no credible examples either way I suppose it’s up to speculation. I imagine it’d depend on how much of the Dark Iron’s present aesthetic is hereditary. For the record I’d assume that is simply how they now, biologically since their subjugation by Ragnaros.

Given that your character is apparently ethnically bi-racial, if I’m interpreting the beginning of the post correctly, justifying this is merely a matter of writing a moment in which their parents would meet, which, depending on how old the character is supposed to be and/or the vocations of the parents, shouldn’t be too hard. If we were to go back as far as the War of Three Hammers, it would be relatively easy to imagine some Dwarves of different clans hooking up in Ironforge. Even in more contemporary times, since the establishment of the Council of Three Hammers there is some likelihood of such a thing transpiring, though I imagine comparably less so compared to those times before the individual major clans each had their own independent holdings.

As far as identifying as Dark Iron goes, that could easily be written through the character’s relationship with the Dark Iron side of their family; that side considers the character one of them, honorary or otherwise. I imagine some more purist members of the clan would reject such a notion, but I digress.

The character could also be an adoptee. That’s probably the easiest of all ways to go about it. I suppose there’s also the aforementioned Moira route of marrying a member of the clan and assimilating oneself as a result, depending entirely on how exactly you’re planning things.

In short, it’s probably rather uncommon, and to an extent I’d personally see the idea as convoluted without further detail, but it works out rather easily overall.

Well lets look at the only example we have of someone who is both, Moira’s son Dagran.

" In Before the Storm, his skin is described as an unusual but warm shade of gray. His eyes are large and green with no hint of any red glow, and his hair is white."

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dagran_Thaurissan_II

1 Like