Damn, these battleground que times

World of quecraft lol classic sucks

2 Likes

AV has very long queue times for Horde, while Alliance has a poor win rate. I suspect it evens out to roughly the same number of wins per hour, if we compared data from both factions.

I’ve found that for AB/WSG, if you queue both, it rarely takes 30 minutes for a queue to pop, and once one does, it’s almost always a series of back to back insta-queues.

It’s because more horde are queuing than alliance.

AV has been this long for months.

Just triple queue if solo, it makes it better as you’ll get an AB pop then a WSG pop or vice versa. The AV will still take hours though. Then if you get steamrolled in WSG by a premade maybe your AB will be better or whatever and it will only be a 2-minute wait.

On my Vanilla server, pre cross-server battlegrounds, we had no AV for 2 months straight. Everyone thought it was broken. The reality was not enough people were queuing for it. That server was also 65% alliance.

2 Likes

I would have thought that, but aren’t BG’s cross realm? I see people’s names stating they’re from other realms in Ab when i’ve been in it.

Lmao you think alliance wins as much as horde taking queue times in to account? You’re DRUNK mate, lmao.

14 Likes

Yes. According to my personal win/loss ratio, it seems a reasonable hypothesis.

Of course, that was also during the split battlegroups. Now that we are re-united, who knows?

my paladin is level 34

instant queues here I come

4 Likes

I have recently been grinding AV to finish out exalted, and I went the entire weekend without a single win.

What did your stats say?

Alliance seems to dominate the 50-59 bracket. Other brackets seem pretty even.

At least, in my personal opinion. It would be interesting to hear about your experiences.

Well, a roughly two and a half hour horde queue time, and I am assuming insta queues for alliance.

I have had something like an 80% win rate, which if we assume insta-queues for Ally, roughly 30 minute games, (and this part could be way off, but) roughly equal win/loss rates for Alliance would be about 1 win ever 5 games, or 2 every 10.

This was on the Eastern battlegroup though, when it existed. My Alliance are on the Western battlegroup, and I have not queued AV as Alliance since the first week of release.

Yeah, it’s not equal. Not even CLOSE, buddy. Clean that perspective up right this very now.

80% is already unacceptable to an extreme degree, but your experience seems like an outlier when I can go a whole week without a single win.

2 Likes

I mean, time and time again whenever I follow up with the claims on the forums, they seem to be hyperbolic. I have no reason to believe it’s any different with AV.

It completely depends on what you’re measuring that by. If you’re measuring it on absolute win/loss ratio, yes it seems extreme.

If, however, you are considering queue times, and actual amount of time to reach exalted, for example, then … it seems incredibly fair.

Hyperbolic? How is it hyperbolic to say I haven’t won a single AV? It’s just a fact. It’s not an exaggeration. I have literally never won!

4 Likes

It isn’t if it’s accurate. You seem to have interpreted what I’ve stated as a direct statement about your claims, which it isn’t.

Here, I do not intend to claim knowledge as to your personal win/loss ratio in AV. What I suspect is that the win/loss ratio for Alliance is roughly the reverse of the win/loss ratio for Horde (which it may not be, but it seems reasonable that it is).

He’s just SO bad, he single-handedly threw 20% of his games. Pulled Van and stuff.

If you think it’s outlandish for an alliance player to say they haven’t won an AV, you’re on somethin’ and I think we all need a hit on it. Might make AV less painful.

1 Like

Quite possibly!

I do not think it’s outlandish.

I would be curious as to what actual data might look like, if we were privy to it.

I believe that we all tend to bias our worldviews with our own experiences and perspectives.

Yes but I was referring to my Vanilla server 15 years ago. Classic has been cross realm BGs the whole time. People are happy with no battlegroups now so it’s probably for the best same server wasn’t done.

I am finally exalted in AV with only 3 wins. But of course it’s probably just all me and Alliance wins 50% of the time. And the map is fine and horde doesn’t have any advantages whatsoever. Zug zug

1 Like

Ok, why don’t you take my word for it just to humor me.

I have literally not seen a single win in Alterac Valley. Not a single one, and I am half-way to exalted. It is so bad that I hit rank 10 before I’ve even gotten to exalted AV, because I deferred to other BGs and avoided AV due to how painful it is.

I currently have a 0% win rate, out of however many matches it took me to get to halfway through revered.

I would wager a RISKY BET, that a lot of people are in my exact position or damn near close.

3 Likes