Damn OK... I would never imagine this day would arrive

Will do!
:rofl:

2 Likes

Sorry i’m not that naive.

The problem withe the lawyer mentality is they want to ‘win’. Its in their blood. Even if their client/perspective is guilty and wrong as hades…winning IS the entire point.
They’ll get scum off scott free and send innocent men to prison.
A ‘win’ might be a good notch on the lawyers bedpost…but it might be HORRIBLE for everyone else.
I dont want that kind of person running my company or making my games.

4 Likes

Whatever. Seems kind of stubborn honestly.

I’ve watched Preach for years. Guy is sincere and I have no reason to distrust him.

I don’t distrust Ion either.

It isn’t like listening to either of them is going make me vulnerable to anything.

Being skeptical is healthy. Being stubborn and/or willfully ignorant isn’t.

My opinion of course. You are free to believe what you please.

2 Likes

Quick search says he was an attorny in ‘litigation’ so lawsuits. And while I’m surprised half these people get jobs with little or no background in games. I’ve seen him reply to questions sometime ago that it did hurt him a lot to see the hate he got etc… don’t remember where.

It’s also partly what caused Metzen’s anxiety etc to worsen.

1 Like

I don’t think he is right and quite frankly I think this “Meaninful Choice” thing we keep hearing about is a buzzword to mask what Covenants really are. A time waste. This game is not a great RPG and it never has been and even when it was a decent RPG, it felt lackluster to any single player RPG experience. WoW’s, meaningful choices went down the drain when those “meaningful choices” could be bought with real world money. The covenants are a time sync because that is what shareholders in this company want. They don’t care about how much fun the players are having, they care about excel spreadsheets that show player retention and the bottom line.

8 Likes

Thank and I do believe what I want, because Blizzard have let down people in this game now for years. Preacher well its all about money too they will say and do anything that will make them money sorry, you’re very naive to think otherwise.

Why don’t you follow up on what happened afterwards, instead of pasting half the story.

2 Likes

No. That’s nothing compared to what I’m about to say.

I think they’re both right.

Meaningful choice is the morally grey or class fantasy catch phrase they have welded themselves to.
The people who keep screeching “Overwatch with raids”, Preach never said that, what he wants is a system where pure loot and RNG of crits and trinket procs are the only determining factor of your performance in an encounter.

5 Likes

Rise up and be heard my casual brothers and sisters. Don’t let the few vocal voices against Ion destroy an actually fun system.

2 Likes

Destiny is waiting for you!
Word of advice… gets old pretty quick.

1 Like

Another one of these threads, great. Whats wrong op, your reps in the others werent getting you enough attention?

1 Like

… lol?

That is exactly how wow worked at its most popular, champ.

2 Likes

Damn… so edgy.
One of the cool kids for sure.

1 Like

I am with you. I don’t particularly like Ion to be honest but he is right with this decision. Some of the draw of Classic is that it has much deeper RPG roots than retail and this meaningful choice brings some of that back even if it isn’t the same kind of RPG-ness as classic.

4 Likes

I am, or have been, naive lots of times in my life.

Being burned enough times has made me a pretty cynical person. It’s actually a characteristic of myself that I dislike.

That said, this situation isn’t really a high risk one. Giving either of these men (Preach and Ion) the benefit of the doubt isn’t a roll of the dice.

I like em both even when I disagree with them and I have absolutely disagreed with them both before.

As individuals I trust them. I don’t trust Activision Blizzard at all but I see little reason to point that distrust to anyone else but the filthy billionaires who have earned it.

Yes, join us. Beat your drums of war. Support the cause. Howl at the forums and let your voice be heard.

1 Like

I honestly don’t know why Ion agreed to talk to a streamer that was using his massive platform to tell followers how to exploit the game (he should have been permanently banned for showing other players how to cheat stacking exp potions when he knew it was bannable)

They told him not to come to blizzcon for a reason, dude’s a cheater.

3 Likes

Your being too harsh. I watch Preach’s videos but I don’t think he is right all the time.