Daily Writing Challenge 2022 (MAY!)

:sparkles::sparkles:OUR SECOND WEEK WILL RUN MAY 8TH-14TH!! :sparkles::sparkles:

For those not on tumblr that have not seen/heard about the Daily Writing Challenge (DWC), this will be mine & Khaeris/Braedyn’s FOURTH YEAR hosting this challenge! The past three years we have chosen a month to write every day, but this year we’re changing it up! There will be three week-long challenges in February, May, and November, and our usual month-long challenge will be in August this year.

This writing challenge has been a FANTASTIC way to spark the desire to write and RP more in all of us, and a great way to get to know your own character(s) better! Also, you get to read dozens of stories every day from some fabulous writers about their equally fabulous characters!

:arrow_right: HOW DOES THIS WORK?
Starting on the FIRST day of each weekly and monthly challenge, the list of words will be released in the morning; there will be two words per day to choose from to write about/use (you only have to use one, but both can be used)! You do not necessarily HAVE to use the word itself, but the story can be themed around it!

:sparkles:!!! YOU CAN WRITE ANYTHING YOU WANT !!!:sparkles:
–Full stories, short blurbs, poetry: As long as you’re writing, that’s what matters!
–You do not HAVE to write every day, even if you just do one story for the entire week/month, that’s awesome!

:arrow_right: WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
While this is predominantly a World of Warcraft challenge to write for your OCs, other fandoms are more than welcome to participate! All servers are welcome to join, currently subscribed to the game or not!

:arrow_right: WHERE CAN I PARTICIPATE?
This challenge is held over tumblr! We have a lovely and supportive WoW community over there and it’s the easiest place to reblog and read stories all in one location! I will link the tumblr below where you can find more information in the pinned post. You can also see all the previous years of reblogged stories!

:sparkles:You can find the DWC tumblr here::sparkles:

If you have any questions you can ask here, or contact me on discord:
Marvolo#8114

:sparkles::sparkles:OUR SECOND WEEK WILL RUN MAY 8TH-14TH!! :sparkles::sparkles:

5 Likes

This is such a great way to not only improve your writing skills, but to also help pull you from a rut if you’re in one! Every time this challenge rolls around I have such a great time writing my own stuff, but especially reading and supporting everyone else involved!

We are officially less than a month away from the first week of writing! 7 days, 7 stories! Come challenge yourself!

#RakhamNoTumbl

But writing is still good.

2 Likes

Less than a month away from this challenge!

I’ve seen some new followers on the DWC page which is very exciting! Love reading stories from characters I’m not familiar with! Come join the fun!

We are about 2 1/2 weeks away from week #1!
Lots of new faces in the tumblr, hope to see more!

1 Like

3 Likes

It’s almoooooost time!

1 Like

This starts THIS SUNDAY!

This starts TOMORROW!!!

Head over to https://daily-writing-challenge.tumblr.com/ for more info!

The list is out!
You can find it here: https://daily-writing-challenge.tumblr.com/post/676714974251450368/daily-writing-challenge-2022-is-here-choose-one

We’re on day two! Lots of AMAZING stories for day one so far, if you missed yesterday feel free to catch up today!

Reminder to double check that you’re tagging the tumblr so we can reblog!

Coming very soon!

1 Like

This is REALLY fun to do. Puts your mind to the test and can help develop your character if that’s who you right about. I highly recommend it if you’re wanting to try and adapt your character’s depth.

1 Like

This is gonna be sneaking up on us really quick!