Daily Spam of Selling Carries

I report these spammers daily and for months.
I would put these people on ignore except a different character with the same message when you respond to them.

please add us to friends in Discord: for more
info and Book your spot (no voice required).
Accepting Gold! Specific servers Discount!

What will it take for Blizzard to deal with these people?

1 Like

For you to keep reporting as you have been and to not expect that those reports will generate instant action taken if any is needed.

They’ll be taken care of in due time, if they’re advertising for real money and found to be in error of the CoC. Selling runs for gold is fine, so long as it isn’t in the group finder.

4 Likes

Is that the same as the rodents who have their website name in their name and appear 24/7 since BFA launched when you whisper “how much” so you can get their auto response to visit their website so Blizzard can see it when you report them?

You know the ones? the ones that are still here 6+ months later still in trade chat 24/7?

1 Like

Couldn’t tell you. I’m one of the seemingly few that rarely gets targeted by these people for some reason. Not complaining.

But OP said gold, and while that doesn’t disprove that they also sell carries for real money, it doesn’t prove that they do, either. As I said, selling carries for gold is allowed outside the group finder. It simply isn’t supported, is all; if the selling party is found to be in line with scamming practices, Blizzard will likely take action if reported, you just won’t get back the gold you spent.

Putting out messages every 2-5 minutes could very well constitute spam to your realm, which is what you should continue right-click reporting them for, if it gets out of hand.

2 Likes

Bad boy anti spam and reporter is a good way to deal with these people https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/bad-boy

1 Like

A miracle.

Yeah, if they are sending you outside of the game, I guarantee they are shady.

Please do report them.

As to what will stop them, that’s simple, people need to stop giving them money.

7 Likes

Part of the frustration for us honest folks is that there are no clear policies and ZERO feedback.

I reported, and keep reporting, advertisements I see in Group Finder. I don’t report the guilds running people for gold (I can respect that) but the obvious external website clearly selling gold, carries, whatever for real money you are reported.

But what happens??? Nothing as far as I can tell. No email comes to my mailbox saying “thanks we got them because of you and other players” .

It’s the same thing with botters.

Honest players may as well be pissing pixels into a virtual wind.

Throw us a bone damnit.

Just not the way it works, Tinerizmo. Even if we sent you something, it wouldn’t tell you what happened, or even to whom in the case of multiple reports.

Some of our other games that does happen, and while it’s nice, probably not as useful as you think it might be.

Reports are looked into and reports are appreciated.

7 Likes

If you were in our shoes, that statement would feel like bs. It wouldn’t be enough.

Like calling the cops on super noisy neighbors that wake up everyone at 3am, every night. Every night you call the cops. Every night, there’s noise and it never stops. And not one cop car shows up.

Are you going to trust that the cops are actually doing their job?

Don’t tell us “the system works”. Prove it.

4 Likes

Someone clearly doesn’t hang around in the CS forum enough. They frequently suspend accounts for spamming in places they aren’t supposed to. They come here to complain about it all the time.

Our shoes are satisfied here every time. I would suggest you keep a periodic eye out here.

7 Likes

Yeah, except you probably don’t have neighbors constantly changing every night.

The reason folks apparently see ‘no change’ is because these cockroaches have a vested interest in continuing. Take one out, another is right back in place.

Like I said, the ONLY way this will ever stop, is if people stop giving them money. We fight this every day, always have, always will - but it would be so much better if they died off from attrition because they didn’t make money off our players willing to risk their own safety to deal with them.

12 Likes

This is the problem with analogies. They don’t work. No, this is like have TEN THOUSAND neighbors who do that. And they do it because your other neighbors pay them to do so.

There are 200+ realms and tens of thousands of daily reports.

7 Likes

Feel free to have a GM or someone who deals with this sort of thing to pop into Frostmourne realm and sit there for a few hours, that will certainly give you guys enough ammo to chase down these cockroaches.

Remember a fast girl a number of years ago? it’s just as bad
if not worse.

Just a friendly heads up :wink:

They don’t do that and haven’t for a long, long time, now. All the ammo they need are our right-click reports. Sitting someone on the realms would be a vastly inefficient use of time and resources.

2 Likes

I remember back in the day when trade chat got out of hand a GM who would seemingly be lurking in chat would give players a gentle reminder they were watching, certainly kept pests on their toes.

1 Like

I remember, yes. But the game is now magnitudes larger, both in content and playerbase. They just can’t feasibly do that anymore.

1 Like

Oh don’t worry I report wherever I can, but you can appreciate seeing the same account in chat 24/7 doing the same thing seems a little off?

The ones I really have issue with are the most obvious bot who you see out in the world and report them, then get an instant kick from the server
even if it’s your first report for the day :thinking:

Except it’s not, typically. They just use the same or similar character names to make it seem like it is.

Generally that’s a UI issue and you want to do a UI reset.

1 Like

I’m aware of that hence the account , but the way they name their characters it makes it very easy to know who they are and what they are about.

Also no to the UI issue.